Robert Rapp, PharmD from U of Kentucky

Started by ZpackSux
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ZpackSux

Retired
Removed
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
His article in P&T, May 2007 vol 32, No5 shows that he is an incompetent, completely pathetic, and irresponsible author of one of the worst prepared articles I've read.

Not only that, he got paid by Ortho McNeil to thrash Cipro and Avelox.

Robert...why sell your soul and integrity to a sleezy pharm company and make yourself look like an idiot?

If you don't have an expertise in the field of ID or if you're not sure...don't put your name to an article.

Good thing you published in a Throw Away journal....👎thumbdown👎
 
His article in P&T, May 2007 vol 32, No5 shows that he is an incompetent, completely pathetic, and irresponsible author of one of the worst prepared article I've read.

Not only that, he got paid by Ortho McNeil to thrash Cipro and Avelox.

Robert...why sell your soul and integrity to a sleezy pharm company and make yourself look like an idiot?

If you don't have an expertise in the field of ID or if you're not sure...don't put your name to an article.

Good thing you published in a Throw Away journal....👎thumbdown👎

Zpack.... don't hold back so much, man. Tell us how you really feel......
 
His article in P&T, May 2007 vol 32, No5 shows that he is an incompetent, completely pathetic, and irresponsible author of one of the worst prepared article I've read.

Not only that, he got paid by Ortho McNeil to thrash Cipro and Avelox.

Robert...why sell your soul and integrity to a sleezy pharm company and make yourself look like an idiot?

If you don't have an expertise in the field of ID or if you're not sure...don't put your name to an article.

Good thing you published in a Throw Away journal....👎thumbdown👎

attached is the article in case anyone wonders what the hell sent zpack over the edge here....

As far as the article is concerned 👎thumbdown👎
 

Attachments

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
attached is the article in case anyone wonders what the hell sent zpack over the edge here....

As far as the article is concerned 👎thumbdown👎

Thanks Caver!

If you need a clinical job....this is your chance. Tell me what's wrong with the article....

We're always looking for sound minded clinicians with a clue....
 
Ok, what exactly was the point of that article?

I read, do your research and here's a bunch of statistics that show that you should do your research before switching formulary.

I understood one vs many. Resistance, costs of dealing with resistance issues, etc. Isn't that what a P&T committee does anyway?

It looks like he's thrashing the 3 drugs just for fun under the guise of trying to be helpful. Am I missing something, or is this what's got the bee in your bonnet.

Being the P0 that I am, I really can't discuss the clinical reasons behind why the arguments are good/bad. This is just the overall feel I'm getting between your comments and what I read.
 
The point of the article is that the author got paid by Ortho McNeil, the maker of Levofloxacin to publish an article which makes cipro and avelox look bad. The author takes shots at Cipro for the lack of strep coverage...and Avelox for the inappropriate use in UTI. There's whole lot more to the story than what the author wants the readers to believe.

Cipro/AVelox combo is a package deal that's taking away Levaquin market share right now....
 
Well, Farmer.....

Mr Rapp is a spokesperson for OrthoMcNeil....& they're playing the business field in many arenas:

http://www.pharmaceutical-business-...asp?guid=2EA52FF0-71D6-42DF-825E-4D494A42210C

So..you gotta start wondering...what is motivating all this interest in this drug group right now?????

After all - they've been around a bit & this article in this (as Zpak puts it "throw away") journal (which it is...) is a bit elementary & actually a decade or so out of date with respect to what we consider as "fixed" costs. (It doesn't "cost" nursing more to hang one dose or two - the nurses are there so the "cost" is minimal, likewise...pharmacy). What we really are to be concerned with is dosing these drugs in pts who don't need them!!!

So....Zpak is pointing out - the guy has "sold" his name (& unfortunately) his reputation for a company to try to convince those who might be convinced that this product should be the drug of choice within the drug group. As a pharmacist, he should be more concerned with choosing the right drug carefully & with caution to decrease resistance issues.

Unfortunately, those who know & make those decisions don't believe what the guy says - ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS BEEN REVIEWED BY SOMEONE FROM ORTHO-MCNEILL!!!!!
 
Well, Farmer.....

Mr Rapp is a spokesperson for OrthoMcNeil....& they're playing the business field in many arenas:

http://www.pharmaceutical-business-...asp?guid=2EA52FF0-71D6-42DF-825E-4D494A42210C

So..you gotta start wondering...what is motivating all this interest in this drug group right now?????

After all - they've been around a bit & this article in this (as Zpak puts it "throw away") journal (which it is...) is a bit elementary & actually a decade or so out of date with respect to what we consider as "fixed" costs. (It doesn't "cost" nursing more to hang one dose or two - the nurses are there so the "cost" is minimal, likewise...pharmacy). What we really are to be concerned with is dosing these drugs in pts who don't need them!!!

So....Zpak is pointing out - the guy has "sold" his name (& unfortunately) his reputation for a company to try to convince those who might be convinced that this product should be the drug of choice within the drug group. As a pharmacist, he should be more concerned with choosing the right drug carefully & with caution to decrease resistance issues.

Unfortunately, those who know & make those decisions don't believe what the guy says - ESPECIALLY WHEN ITS BEEN REVIEWED BY SOMEONE FROM ORTHO-MCNEILL!!!!!

Were you an English Major....or did you just read a lot of junk romance novels?
 
Were you an English Major....or did you just read a lot of junk romance novels?

Well - I've read my fair share of romance novels😳😛 - I must admit😳.

But - English major - NO!!!

I can't figure out poetry beyond Dr Seuss & I'm good at that only out of repetition.

I did like Romeo & Juliet, but only as the movie - reading it just messed with my head.

I've got a sister who is an English teacher/High School Prinicpal - do you think it rubbed off???

But - I beat my husband in all our arguments - I can out-talk him😀:laugh::laugh:
 
oh - & I type fast - from all those years on manual typewriters (you gotta be old to get that one😉).
 
Your husband is a smart man...to let you beat him in arguments.....

You're going outta town? where to? what for? We wanna know..
 
Your husband is a smart man...to let you beat him in arguments.....

You're going outta town? where to? what for? We wanna know..

Yep - a "girls" weekend!!! No - not what you're thinking...

I'm taking my 88 yo mom to NC to see MSIII. She's between her psych & inpt IM rotations.

So - we should have lots & lots to talk about - so many psych pts & so little time😛.

My mom & MSIII are very, very close & she was supposed to come with us for MSIII's white coat ceremony last Oct. But, mom fell & broke her hip.

So...now she is recovered & healthy (for the moment) so I'm taking her to NC. Time is not my mom's friend right now, so I decided to just do this. I pray she doesn't have a PE (which happened the last time I took her to NC). But, she's on therapeutic warfarin & life is just too d*mn short to stay home!

But...yeah - it took drsdn years & years to learn to give in - but he has & is much, much happier for it 😀. We just got back from a great trip to Oregon (aaah the Rogue & the Deschutes - beautiful) - so he's not been left out.

But - a very, very odd Father's Day for him....the first time he's been home alone on Father's Day since MSIII was born. But - I just heard him tonight seeing if computer son is free for golf on Sat......& I'm leaving him something to find on Sunday....🙂
 
I love Oregon!!!! Were you near Bend? I'll be there the week of Labor day..our annual ritual..

Have a safe trip!
 
I love Oregon!!!! Were you near Bend? I'll be there the week of Labor day..our annual ritual..

Have a safe trip!

Oh yes! Spent 3 days in Bend - at the Riverbend Resort. Golfed twice (its a nice easy course for a not-so-good golfer like me!) Went to the High Desert Museum - beautiful!!!! (I'd go back again!). Hiked a bit in the hills.

Had wonderful dinners & nice relaxing days......

I think it will be hot Labor Day - it was 85 there when we left - drove north to Salem & wine tasted for a day then home.....it was 67 & windy when we got back🙁.

But - its warmed up nicely now. MSIII tells me its thunder, lightening & rain in NC - cool!!!! So unlike CA!!!😀
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Riverbend? Is that where River's Edge golf course is??? the worst piece of you know what? It's a long standing joke among us...cuz I so passionately hate River's Edge and our group always play it..every year....just for my sake....
 
we don't need to pay you to say that...we already know robitussin cures lung cancer..
 
was that written to be extremely easy to read or have I actually learned something in school?