Robert Wood Johnson 2012

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

April16MCAT

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Who will be at the open house on the 11th?

I am so excited about RWJ!

Members don't see this ad.

Shout out to all my future classmates.

I'll definitely be at the open house on the 11th. Looking forward to it

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, i'm gonna be there too but im not completely sure if im going to rwj of njms. is that weird for me to go to both receptions then? im not really sure how this stuff works :confused:
but anyways congrats to all of you, yayy!

hey guys,

i'll be there too. but for some reason i was thinking that we could bring like our parents or significant ppl like that along with us. i knwo my parents would want to get a tour of teh hospital and school where i will be spending the next four years. but the invitation didnt' say that we could bring guests. does anyone know anything about this?

Im not sure i wanna go to the RWJ open house, its on friday and that gets a little hairy for me.

Scrubs, do u know when the NJMS one is?

hey guys,

i'll be there too. but for some reason i was thinking that we could bring like our parents or significant ppl like that along with us. i knwo my parents would want to get a tour of teh hospital and school where i will be spending the next four years. but the invitation didnt' say that we could bring guests. does anyone know anything about this?

Hey! I emailed the admissions office before this invite came out and they said I am welcome to bring my family. I am planning on bringing my parents- anyone else bringing theirs?

Hey! I emailed the admissions office before this invite came out and they said I am welcome to bring my family. I am planning on bringing my parents- anyone else bringing theirs?

i think i will bring mine too. (gosh, i feel like we're talkign about our parents as if they are pets).

Hey guys, I got accepted yesterday! I can't make it to the open house though because I go to school in Ohio :(

i think i will bring mine too. (gosh, i feel like we're talkign about our parents as if they are pets).

will this be standard procedure? if so I guess I should bring my parents too, they deserve a treat :laugh:

will this be standard procedure? if so I guess I should bring my parents too, they deserve a treat :laugh:

go ahead and bring them. i wouldn't want to be the only person (besides aprilmcat) bringing their parents. my parents would probably feel very odd to see that they are the only ones there. so yeah, bring yours too :)

hey random question...when you guys responded yes to the student luncheon, did you get an email back confirming your yes?

Members don't see this ad :)
3rd year at RWJ here. I'll actually be at that thing on the 11th, assuming my rotation people let me out, so I look forwarf to meeting you all then.

For these events, you can certainly bring your parents if you want, but I will tell you that the vast majority of the group will not. So it's up to you. If you feel like bringing your parents will hinder your chances to talk to the other students who may be your future classmates, I would recommend not bringing them. If you are concerned that you want your parents to see where you will be spending the next 4 years, don't worry, the school has many events for this purpose later on. (All the parents come for the white coat ceremony, so you could do it then, and there is also an official "parents day" which is usually right after your first block of exams in first year.)

3rd year at RWJ here. I'll actually be at that thing on the 11th, assuming my rotation people let me out, so I look forwarf to meeting you all then.

For these events, you can certainly bring your parents if you want, but I will tell you that the vast majority of the group will not. So it's up to you. If you feel like bringing your parents will hinder your chances to talk to the other students who may be your future classmates, I would recommend not bringing them. If you are concerned that you want your parents to see where you will be spending the next 4 years, don't worry, the school has many events for this purpose later on. (All the parents come for the white coat ceremony, so you could do it then, and there is also an official "parents day" which is usually right after your first block of exams in first year.)

I'm not going to this one, but I'm going to the NJMS luncheon. Was just spying on this thread and decided to say that this is pretty good advice. Honestly, how much can you be getting to know your new classmates with your parents around? Not much, so unfortunately I would also recommend not bringing them.

hey all,

just wondering, those of you who rsvp'ed for the winter reception this friday: did you receive any confirmation about it after sending the email? i called to rsvp and was told that i should email. so i emailed. but i didn't get anything back saying "okay, you are on the list" or anything of the sort.

oh well, i guess i'm going anyway. hope to see a few future classmates there :)

I emailed and received a confirmation but that may only be because I RSVP so late. I hate that people consider business casual a suit...I don't want to wear one.

So what did everyone think of the open house?

I thought it was really helpful. It definitely finalized the decision for me and I am going to decline my other acceptances.

Has anyone thought about housing? I know it is really early but I can't wait to move there. If you look on craigslist and the RWJ housing website there are so many great choices. It seems like new brunswick has cheaper options then piscataway and the drive wouldnt be too bad. Any one else know where they are thinking of living?

I thought it was really helpful. It definitely finalized the decision for me and I am going to decline my other acceptances.

Has anyone thought about housing? I know it is really early but I can't wait to move there. If you look on craigslist and the RWJ housing website there are so many great choices. It seems like new brunswick has cheaper options then piscataway and the drive wouldnt be too bad. Any one else know where they are thinking of living?

Rutger's off campus housing site is pretty useful too. (FYI, RWJ is on the busch campus.)

I think I want to live in downtown New Brunswick. I wandered around a bit Friday before the reception & I like the feel of it. Also, eh, I hate driving so being able to leave my apt to go study elsewhere without having to get in a car is a big plus!

I'll probably end up getting a car anyhow, but it would be nice if I didn't have to drive to school everyday. Downtown seems about 3 miles, which when it's nice out I'd be comfortable biking & the rutgers bus shuttles between downtown/busch campus pretty frequently.

I want to make a final commitment & just start looking for housing etc, but so far it seems as though the latest lease start dates are still early summer.

Rutger's off campus housing site is pretty useful too. (FYI, RWJ is on the busch campus.)

I think I want to live in downtown New Brunswick. I wandered around a bit Friday before the reception & I like the feel of it. Also, eh, I hate driving so being able to leave my apt to go study elsewhere without having to get in a car is a big plus!

I'll probably end up getting a car anyhow, but it would be nice if I didn't have to drive to school everyday. Downtown seems about 3 miles, which when it's nice out I'd be comfortable biking & the rutgers bus shuttles between downtown/busch campus pretty frequently.

I want to make a final commitment & just start looking for housing etc, but so far it seems as though the latest lease start dates are still early summer.

I agree with all of that. Thanks for the link to rutger's housing. I saw there are places for june 1st but I guess that might be a little early. I guess July leases would be ideal because I am worried an August lease would cut it to close to the start of classes.

Hi. Just got accepted Jan 9 and I wasnt able to attend the reception. I'm hoping that there will be more in the future so that I get a chance to meet future classmates..:)

Now I can finally post here!! :)

RWJ is my first choice..but Ive never seen the school because I didn't interview there. Is there some way I can get a tour of it (and drag my mom along too?) Thanks! Also Im realllly excited to find an apartment and such! even tho its really early!

our class thread is reallyyyyyyyyy uneventful!!

our class thread is reallyyyyyyyyy uneventful!!

Hah, I know!!

I think it's something about making the transition from anonymous online posters to people who will actually know each other IRL. It's weird!

I'm almost definitely going to be there this year, and I spend more & more of my time at work perusing RWJ's website & rutger's housing info.

Are you all from NJ? I didn't realize what a large percentage of the class was from NJ until I asked people at the reception where they were from & I got answers like west orange & had no idea what they were talking about!

There are social events/housing things in the summer, where people can meet each other, find roommates & sign leases etc. So I know I shouldn't be *so* worried about any of this now. But it's fun to think about nonetheless.

Hah, I know!!

I think it's something about making the transition from anonymous online posters to people who will actually know each other IRL. It's weird!

hahahah i know i think its funny!! anyway my mom was so excited for me so she wants to go take a look at some apartments tomorrow...I live in Manalapan so only like 25 min from RWJ. A lot of them are not so nice though (from what I've read on apartmentratings.com) but there are a bunch that looked kind of nice!

Now I can finally post here!! :)

RWJ is my first choice..but Ive never seen the school because I didn't interview there. Is there some way I can get a tour of it (and drag my mom along too?) Thanks! Also Im realllly excited to find an apartment and such! even tho its really early!

Email Meryl Krammer at the admissions office. I had my interview in Camden and she set up a tour for me of the Piscataway campus.

I'm looking towards more Piscataway area. Downtown New Brunswick is shady in some areas.

I'm looking towards more Piscataway area. Downtown New Brunswick is shady in some areas.

Care to share which parts are shady? I think piscataway just seems too suburban-ish for my liking & I really hate driving.

Then again, I'm from Philly, so I can probably tolerate shadiness.

so i went looking at apartments in NB today. I thought colony house was nice...and its also close to school. so if anyones looking for apartments, I would check out colony house. :)

Care to share which parts are shady? I think piscataway just seems too suburban-ish for my liking & I really hate driving.

Then again, I'm from Philly, so I can probably tolerate shadiness.

Yea its the Hamptons compared to Philly.

What do you guys think about living alone? Think it would financially possible?

Is any one looking for roommates yet? I would perfer to live with other people but I don't want to wait until the summer open house at RWJ to find housing.

Hey guys, new to the forums

Does anyone know what day the housing days are? I tried looking on the RWJ website but I couldn't find anything for 2008. I'm trying to plan out my summer now and I don't think I'm going to be in Jersey for good chunks of it, so it would be nice to know now.

Hey guys, new to the forums

Does anyone know what day the housing days are? I tried looking on the RWJ website but I couldn't find anything for 2008. I'm trying to plan out my summer now and I don't think I'm going to be in Jersey for good chunks of it, so it would be nice to know now.

Same here, I am going traveling in May but don't want to miss the housing stuff and miss out on finding a decent roomie.

I think the housing days are in June. I could be wrong, but I was searching for apts this week and thats what I was told by one of the sales ladies in the apt. Although idk if she knows what shes talkinga bout. Im trying to find an apt now because I'll be out of the country again until the beginning of May!

Just got accepted to Robert Wood Johnson this evening! Still waiting to hear from a couple other schools but there's a good chance I'll end up here next year! I really liked the school, and you can't beat the pricetag!

Last year the housing days were June 14-15 & July 13-14.

agenda

Congrats on getting in runner!

I'm not 100% committed to going (yet) so I think I'll wait to do the housing bit until the summer.

here is a bit of excitement..

When does financial aid information get released? Do we need to fill out the FASFA's first? I don't get my taxes done until at least March.

Sorry if someone asked this already...but does anyone know what an in-stater's chances are post-interview? (By this I mean, how many are accepted).
And about how long did it take for you guys to hear a decision?

Sorry if someone asked this already...but does anyone know what an in-stater's chances are post-interview? (By this I mean, how many are accepted).
And about how long did it take for you guys to hear a decision?

From USNews: Instate- 534 interviewed and 322 accepted.

I heard in less than 3 weeks, but one of my friends who was also accepted heard in about 8 weeks. So it varies a lot.

someone make a fb group

okay sorry i had toooooo suggest this.

hahahah do i have to?? will you join asap?
i dont think ive ever made a group beforeeeee...

I started the thread so I am off the hook for starting the facebook group. If you start it, I will join.

I went with my parents last weekend to drive around New Brunswick and Piscataway- I wouldnt mind living in either area. Does anyone know where society hill is? It sounds like a lot of students live there.

I started the thread so I am off the hook for starting the facebook group. If you start it, I will join.

I went with my parents last weekend to drive around New Brunswick and Piscataway- I wouldnt mind living in either area. Does anyone know where society hill is? It sounds like a lot of students live there.

It seems to be just northeast of campus-- the school is on Hoes lane & the society hill area borders that, I think.

google map

Not sure if that will link correctly or not, but society hill is labeled there.

FAFSA has to be filled out before May 1. Not sure if filling it out earlier has any impact on your aid package or not.

Fin Aid

(Yeah, I'm totally link-happy.)

More people should join the face book group.