Rockstar Legend David Lee Roth a Paramedic?!? Say It Ain't So!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

southerndoc

life is good
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Did you guys know that David Lee Roth is a NYC paramedic? I thought someone was pulling a joke on me when I was first told this. Seems he really is a paramedic though! (See the below news articles.)

Kudos to Roth for his career change. Hopefully people take him seriously.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138684,00.html
 
southerndoc said:
Hopefully people take him seriously.
Oh noooooo. Picture a tactical call for a possible suicide attempt off the Brooklyn Br. There's a flash of gold and grey tangled tresses then a rough voice belts out "Just go ahead and J***--Yeah Go On And J***!!"


Just kidding. That's very cool. Now if I could just do his other job for a couple of years.
 
No, this is old news. The date on the story you link is almost a year old. I don't know if he's finished training yet, but good for him if he has.

If I remember right, Roth already has a Master's degree in something business-related. And even if he does work as a Medic too, he'll actually be splitting his time with his other job as a Radio host, taking over for Howard Stern. Pay is slightly better there. 😉

EDIT TO ADD: http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/10/2503.cfm
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Indeedily doodily -- but a close read of the text reveals only that he "trained to become a licensed Paramedic," something that I found curious. I can't find anything on the Web that actually says he's worked, past his training.
 
Ok..now why does that kinda creep me out a little..... Kudos to him if he actually decides to go thru with it but.. I cant help but say if I was ever his Pt I would have a hard time taking him 100% serious.. I would look at him and just picture him in spandex pants with a electric guitar in his hand and laugh.... Well maybe that would be a good thing.. they do say laughter is the best medicine
Lisa
 
LMalay said:
Ok..now why does that kinda creep me out a little..... Kudos to him if he actually decides to go thru with it but.. I cant help but say if I was ever his Pt I would have a hard time taking him 100% serious.. I would look at him and just picture him in spandex pants with a electric guitar in his hand and laugh.... Well maybe that would be a good thing.. they do say laughter is the best medicine
Lisa

What I heard is that he cut his hair, and actually acts just like any other EMT/Paramedic... nobody ever recognizes him