Rockstar Legend David Lee Roth a Paramedic?!? Say It Ain't So!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

southerndoc

life is good
Volunteer Staff
Lifetime Donor
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Did you guys know that David Lee Roth is a NYC paramedic? I thought someone was pulling a joke on me when I was first told this. Seems he really is a paramedic though! (See the below news articles.)

Kudos to Roth for his career change. Hopefully people take him seriously.

http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,138684,00.html

Members don't see this ad.

southerndoc said:
Hopefully people take him seriously.
Oh noooooo. Picture a tactical call for a possible suicide attempt off the Brooklyn Br. There's a flash of gold and grey tangled tresses then a rough voice belts out "Just go ahead and J***--Yeah Go On And J***!!"

Just kidding. That's very cool. Now if I could just do his other job for a couple of years.

No, this is old news. The date on the story you link is almost a year old. I don't know if he's finished training yet, but good for him if he has.

If I remember right, Roth already has a Master's degree in something business-related. And even if he does work as a Medic too, he'll actually be splitting his time with his other job as a Radio host, taking over for Howard Stern. Pay is slightly better there. ;)

EDIT TO ADD: http://www.chartattack.com/damn/2005/10/2503.cfm

Members don't see this ad :)
Indeedily doodily -- but a close read of the text reveals only that he "trained to become a licensed Paramedic," something that I found curious. I can't find anything on the Web that actually says he's worked, past his training.

Ok..now why does that kinda creep me out a little..... Kudos to him if he actually decides to go thru with it but.. I cant help but say if I was ever his Pt I would have a hard time taking him 100% serious.. I would look at him and just picture him in spandex pants with a electric guitar in his hand and laugh.... Well maybe that would be a good thing.. they do say laughter is the best medicine
Lisa

LMalay said:
Ok..now why does that kinda creep me out a little..... Kudos to him if he actually decides to go thru with it but.. I cant help but say if I was ever his Pt I would have a hard time taking him 100% serious.. I would look at him and just picture him in spandex pants with a electric guitar in his hand and laugh.... Well maybe that would be a good thing.. they do say laughter is the best medicine
Lisa

What I heard is that he cut his hair, and actually acts just like any other EMT/Paramedic... nobody ever recognizes him