Rocky Mountain Wildlife Veterinary Externship?

Started by ajsmitty
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

ajsmitty

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I was just accepted into the Rocky Mountain Wildlife Veterinary Externship that is run by the National Park Service, Colorado Parks and Wildlife, and the Wyoming Game and Fish Department. It consists of 4 weeks in either Colorado or Wyoming working with those agencies & the wildlife veterinarians there, but it doesn't seem to be widely advertised. I was wondering if anybody else on here by chance has any experience with this program and if they could shed some light on it? I am excited about it, but want to hear more about it before I sent my acceptance email. What's the day look like? Did you like the people you worked with? Did you feel like it was worth taking 4 weeks of clinic time to do it? Is there time to go hiking at all on weekends? Hoping somebody on here knows...

Thanks!