-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Roll Call for M1..Who's in Orientation?
Started by MetalloBetalactamase
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Kcom here, we are in our third week of class.
Kcom here, we are in our third week of class.
Damn PCOM still hasn't even gone through orientation yet. August 11th is our first orientation day
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
MSUCOM. We had orientation June 12-13th. Third exam in a few days...
LECOM-SH and LECOM-E are in orientation/first week of class.
LECOM-SH and LECOM-E are in orientation/first week of class.
Same with LECOM-B.
Feels like we've been in classes forever...MSUCOM. We had orientation June 12-13th. Third exam in a few days...
WVSOM here, orientation starts tomorrow! Eep
LMU-DCOM just had its first day.
KCUMB here!
ACOM is winding down orientation week - last day 8/1 with the real deal starting 8/4
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Finished orientation today
Finished Orientation on Friday, Start full classes tomorrow.
Start orientation tomorrow 😱
^ same. This weeks schedule looks super entertaining :/
I'm just assuming I will fall asleep at some point. I don't do well with sitting still and listening to boring presentations^ same. This weeks schedule looks super entertaining :/
Orientation in 7 hours 😀
Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk
Sent from my SGH-T889V using Tapatalk
Orientation starts on Tuesday for us too. However, I have already started school nearly two months ago.Orientation starts tuesday for us, I really hoping there are no "team building" and other forced social activities,.
Why not??Orientation starts tuesday for us, I really hoping there are no "team building" and other forced social activities,.
Aw, is someone a little shy?Orientation starts tuesday for us, I really hoping there are no "team building" and other forced social activities,.
Aw, is someone a little shy?
I can't seem to muster that super cockiness most incoming M1's have. Plus I'm INTJ so parties to are like

No need to be cocky, just friendly
okNo need to be cocky, just friendly
I understand what you are saying. Everyone at my orientation has seemed really social.. Cracking jokes.. Involved.. Getting together to party; yet, I feel reserved and more introspective. The truth is, I have an extremely outgoing personality and I do party (ha), but it takes a bit for me to warm up. If you do have those social things on the first days (like we did), I would just say.. Let yourself sit back and observe or be introspective. That is totally understandable on the first days, and I would argue it is a good thing too. Being a bit reserved is not a bad trait and definitely doesn't correlate to not being friendly. There is plenty of time to settle in and find a group you associate with.I can't seem to muster that super cockiness most incoming M1's have. Plus I'm INTJ so parties to are like![]()
you all want to hear a cool story, I'm living on campus and my apartment is right next to the state hospital. I went outside to get some air today, then this guy walks up to me and invites me to help him kill the demons on the roof. The orderlies took him away but psychiatry is interesting lol.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
So you still have the old roof demons then?you all want to hear a cool story, I'm living on campus and my apartment is right next to the state hospital. I went outside to get some air today, then this guy walks up to me and invites me to help him kill the demons on the roof. The orderlies took him away but psychiatry is interesting lol.
you all want to hear a cool story, I'm living on campus and my apartment is right next to the state hospital. I went outside to get some air today, then this guy walks up to me and invites me to help him kill the demons on the roof. The orderlies took him away but psychiatry is interesting lol.
Lol probably a psych professor trying to punk you.
Just finished 2nd day of classes.
Would rather go back to orientation.
Damn the material builds up momentum.
Would rather go back to orientation.
Damn the material builds up momentum.
Worst orientation everOrientation starts on Tuesday for us too. However, I have already started school nearly two months ago.
Just finished third day of classes here at CUSOM!
End of the first week at Nova, finally out of the awkward forced socialization period and getting into real grown-up lectures. Has anyone else had three OMM labs in the first week? We haven't even started basic sciences except for histo today.
If you were expecting lots of science lectures, oh hoho! It's all OMM and histo for the year!!End of the first week at Nova, finally out of the awkward forced socialization period and getting into real grown-up lectures. Has anyone else had three OMM labs in the first week? We haven't even started basic sciences except for histo today.
Kidding 🙂 Perhaps they front load a portion of the OMM so you can focus on, well, not OMM when it comes up.
We already had our first anatomy quiz here in Bradenton....
Haha we have our last anatomy exams on Friday here in East Lansing... 😛We already had our first anatomy quiz here in Bradenton....
GA pcom here. Last day of orientation for us. First day is Monday. I'm terrified , but I'm ready to get to 2nd year where it seems we will be learning the cooler stuff 🙂
M2 will be here before you know it. It goes by quicker than you think/may like (at times).
Sooner it comes, sooner we graduate! Lol that's fine by meM2 will be here before you know it. It goes by quicker than you think/may like (at times).
Haha we have our last anatomy exams on Friday here in East Lansing... 😛
Feels good to be free for a couple days!!
Bump: so, how was that first week of classes everyone? I studied more than I usually did in UG, but I still feel like I need to squeeze more time in. I force myself to go to class, but I feel like some classes are a waste of time,... Overall pretty paranoid and hoping to not fail the first exam! At the same time, all this **** I'm learning is cool and I want to learn it all
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I've been in class for over a month now, and it's not AS BAD as I thought it was going to be. Learning time efficiency is pretty key though.
Similar threads
- Replies
- 1
- Views
- 417