Jul 19, 2009
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Which pharmacy schools have rolling admissions? THe only one I found with rolling admission is USC? any others?

Passion4Sci

LML
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Mar 18, 2009
Palo Alto, CA
Status
Pharmacy Student
Which pharmacy schools have rolling admissions? THe only one I found with rolling admission is USC? any others?
UoP is also rolling admissions on a Three Tier system.

Bowler11

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Feb 28, 2008
Wisconsin
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
University of Minnesota does. Try doing a search because there are some threads already on the website about this. Good Luck!

charfdorn

10+ Year Member
Mar 29, 2009
Denver, CO
Status
Pharmacy Student
Colorado says they do, but that isn't totally true.

IrishHammer

Rated Rx Superstar
10+ Year Member
Mar 9, 2009
Western New York
Status
Pharmacy Student

Every school uses rolling admission of some sort. That's why so many pharmacy students urge pre-pharmers to submit their application as soon as possible.

koercive

Industry HE&OR, Large Cap Pharma
Partner Organization
10+ Year Member
Apr 12, 2005
New Jersey
www.pharmapplicants.com
Status
Pharmacist
well ucsd and ucsf certainly don't following a rolling admission. many of us on sdn have submitted our apps a few days before the deadline and were fine.

diastole

10+ Year Member
7+ Year Member
Jul 12, 2008
Where the sun don't shine
Status
Pharmacist

Every school uses rolling admission of some sort. That's why so many pharmacy students urge pre-pharmers to submit their application as soon as possible.
USN is one that doesn't seem to be rolling admissions at all. They go by a point system. They did notify some candidates early who had a high amount of points because they were getting in anyway but for the most part, people had to wait until all the interviews were complete so they could know exactly where people ranked. I applied on the absolute last day and didn't have a problem. When they go by a point system like that, it doesn't matter if you apply on the first day or the last day.

And to the OP, Midwestern CPG is rolling admissions.

cinnamoroll12

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
Dec 16, 2007
Status
Pharmacy Student
Typically (but, not always!), state schools do not have rolling admissions.

Jul 20, 2009
Nebraska
Status
Pre-Pharmacy
Hawaii Hilo does rolling admission with interviews beginning quite early. Some schools do not do rolling admission at all, ie UNMC which does all interviews on the same day and mails out all accepted/waitlist/rejected letters at the same time.