rolling admissions?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ropra

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
was curious if anyone had a list of schools that have are rolling or non-rolling admissions process? thanks....

Members don't see this ad.

It was my understanding that all MSTPs tend to inform around March. However, exceptions are frequently made for outstanding candidates. Straight MD/PhDs programs are much more likely to be rolling admissions in my experience.

ropra said:
was curious if anyone had a list of schools that have are rolling or non-rolling admissions process? thanks....
i'm not 100% sure, but i think washu and hopkins have rolling admissions. however, like the person above me said, most programs have a single date around march when they inform everyone. and if they have a candidate they really want, they'll offer them admission early, but this is rare.

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought that schools like johns hopkins etc did have rolling admissions. nevertheless, how about getting interviews. is it really better to apply early?
thanks guys

ropra said:
i thought that schools like johns hopkins etc did have rolling admissions. nevertheless, how about getting interviews. is it really better to apply early?
thanks guys

Early application to programs you are interested in is encouraged. Some programs start interviewing as early as September. Applying close to the application deadline puts you at risk of being caught in a numbers crunch. This year, our program had nearly 100 applicants competing for the final 9 interview spots. Many of those applicants denied an interview would have been invited if they had applied early in the season when we had all the spots open. These were strong candidates, and I am sure that they will get in somewhere; it just won't be here. I encourage students to try to get as far ahead of the game as possible. You should have all your letters of recommendation lined up before the end of the spring semester. Submit your AMCAS by the end of July, and get the secondaries in as soon as possible. Most applicants find that they are very busy in the fall with class work, research, and preparing for interviews.

As far as rolling admissions is concerned, you can get an idea of which programs offer rolling admissions by looking at the 2005 acceptance thread. The following schools have are listed as having different acceptance dates: AECOM, CWRU, NYU, Pitt, Michigan, UVA. If you apply to some of these schools, you could have an acceptance before Halloween.

ropra said:

For all the schools I applied, ALMOST all of them have rolling admission (and rolling rejection for some too :eek: :laugh: :laugh: ). The only exception I know is PENN.