Rolling vs Not Rolling Admission Schools?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTdream

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi- I am applying for 2013 and wanted to know based on your app last year if my assumptions are right:

ROLLING:
Jefferson (OTCAS)
LLU
Phila U (OTCAS)
Dominican in CA
Sacred Heart (OTCAS)
SJSU
Stony Brook (OTCAS)
St Augustine in CA
Worcester
BayPath

NON ROLLING:
Columbia
Samuel Merritt (OTCAS)
Downstate
CSUDH
Touro in NY (OTCAS)
Seton Hall

I have read that I should apply 4-6 weeks in advance on the OTCAS schools because it takes time. Does the whole app need to be completed befoe they send it? Or does OTCAS send to schools as they receive?

Also for transcripts- does that mean I only need one transcript for my 6 OTCAS schools?

For the Non rolling- it doesn't matter if I apply early right?

Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

I would apply early in regards to the question about OTCAS. I had all kinds of problems with them and I really wish I would have. Annoyingly, I still needed to send my transcripts to the schools directly, but I don't know if every school requires that.

Downstate is rolling

I got my acceptance before everyone was interviewed

Members don't see this ad :)
You want to apply as early as possible with rolling. Some schools start taking applications as early as August for the 2013 cycle. Don't make the mistake of applying right before the deadline on rolling. It seems OTCAS has been taking the maximum amount of time especially during their busy season. You are right is has been taking 4-6 weeks.

No, it doesn't matter if you apply early with non-rolling.
Yes, you only need one transcript for all 6 schools on OTCAS

Ok thanks. I'm actually planning to apply for most rolling end of July with my AP II pending because I can't take it until fall.

As an FYI- SMU is not using OTCAS this cycle! Which I'm kinda happy about.

Congrats DiggaDigga, you mind sharing your stats?