SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rome

Discussion in 'Pre-Dental' started by Mask667, Mar 27, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mask667

Mask667 7+ Year Member

Sep 17, 2006
    Hello everyone,

I know all you predental students out there are intelligent and smart and therefore probably enjoy watching good TV shows. Rome is a great show and I have learned that HBO has cancelled Rome Season 3. A disappointment indeed. This has gotten me somewhat depressed. I have sent HBO a letter and created a facebook group to petition for this. If you are a hard core fan of the show, please send HBO a letter and join the group "Petition to keep Rome". Maybe it will work.

Long live the 13th,

Mask667

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. pmantz

pmantz Member 5+ Year Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Milwaukee
    I didn't know they cancelled it but figured they weren't going to have another season after the season fianlaly.

4. pacbum

pacbum 7+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    roma è la città migliore nel mondo

5. Nasem

Nasem 2+ Year Member

Aug 30, 2006
    Lansing, MI
    Mask667, if that picture is you...
    I'LL DO ANYTHING YOU SAY !!!!!!!

6. t man

t man Epoxi-Lips 2+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2006
    i think she's his dream girl.

i heard rome is an awesome show, i'm going to watch the first season pretty soon. but you can't get enough people to join your group because there aren't enough viewers in the first place! (sorry to break it to you)

7. Mask667

Mask667 7+ Year Member

Sep 17, 2006
    I know that is what HBO is concerned about--not enough viewers. But I am sure that rediculously expensive DVDs will cover up the profit that they want. I am just not happy--this was something I used to look forward to every week and now, it is dead. I am in a state of mourning. :(
    Anyway, you will enjoy the first season and will want more action--then you will have the second season available. After that you will start scratching yourself like a cocaine addict. LOL.

Mask667

8. pmantz

pmantz Member 5+ Year Member

Jul 3, 2006
    Milwaukee
    I know I was getting rather attached to good old Titus Pulo, and what is worse Sopranos is coming back, but will be gone forever as soon as it comes.

Without Rome, the Sopranos I will probaly drop my HBO subscription. And when is Curb your enthusiasm coming back. I am getting inpatient.

what makes the show so great is that they put enough sex, drugs and conflict to make all that history even more interesting.

Its like the sopranos -2000 years.

9. IcemanDDS

IcemanDDS Dr of Dental Shadowing 10+ Year Member

Jul 1, 2004
    Atlanta, GA
    Boooooring... :p

10. Cymbidium

Cymbidium Awesome. 2+ Year Member

Nov 11, 2006
    SoCal
    Rome wasn't that good. Now DEADWOOD on the other hand was awesome- I can't believe they canceled that show!

PS - everyone should watch the new show coming out on HBO afte the Sopranos called "John from Cincinnati"- it comes out this summer. please. thank you.

11. t man

t man Epoxi-Lips 2+ Year Member

Nov 3, 2006
    yeah, the DVD is crazy expensive... it's $100, right? i want to see how expensive this show must have been to make since they need to charge so much. luckily i'm not going to have to shell out the cash. i was going to join the blockbuster monthly pass for like $18 and watch it that way, but i'm just going to borrow my friend's set.

has anyone seen lucky louie? i don't get HBO, but my sister tells me it's a really funny show.

12. jim85213

jim85213 Dentist 10+ Year Member

Jun 12, 2006
    Looks like you need to start watching 24.

13. shamrock2006

shamrock2006 5+ Year Member

Oct 9, 2006
    Nowhere and Everywhere
    I'm more of a "Black Donnelly's" guy myself

14. ItsGavinC

ItsGavinC Dentist Moderator Emeritus 10+ Year Member

Oct 7, 2001
    Arizona
    Slightly off-topic.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.