Rosalind Franklin COP c/o 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ipharmacy

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
anyone else out there?..I havn't seen a link...

I have an interview the 15th..kinda nervous because its my first one...was wondering if anyone has any specifics about the interview (number of questions during one on one, type of interactive activity). If anyone has any info to help relieve some of my stress and anxiety I would greatly appreciate it.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, i did not see this thread so didnot reply.
So you are done with the interview. How was is going for you?

Yeah I had the interview....I think it went alright..im usually over critical of myself and i couldnt get a good read of the interviewer...he asked a lot of ethical questions which kinda caught me off guard but hopefully he thought my answers we good... Now im just waiting for the decision...they said by the end of the month since we were the first interview group...the wait is goin to kill me cause RFU is my top choice so we'll see...it didnt seem like it was a top choice for a lot of the candidates which I dont know why cause i really liked their faculty and facilities and program..the only thing is the accredidation but they should have no problem with that.

Are you applying to RFU or are u in pharm school now?

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm P1 at Rosalind now. I'm glad that you like the school. Yes, the faculty is very good and professional. The building is also the new one for Pharmacy program.
Good luck with your admission. If you have any questions just ask okay?
Oh who did you get for the interview?

I had Dr. Oltmans for the interview. He was cool but sometimes he didn't really respond to my answers but some of my answers he seemed to like so we'll see..I was hoping to know before Thanksgiving but i guess ill have to wait a little longer. Do you know of anyone in ur class that got accepted of the waitlist or did everyone pretty much get accepted right away? And from a students perspective, how do you like the interprofessionalism class and how it is integrated into some of the other classes...is it mostly just through stuff like group projects?

I had Dr. Oltmans for the interview. He was cool but sometimes he didn't really respond to my answers but some of my answers he seemed to like so we'll see..I was hoping to know before Thanksgiving but i guess ill have to wait a little longer. Do you know of anyone in ur class that got accepted of the waitlist or did everyone pretty much get accepted right away? And from a students perspective, how do you like the interprofessionalism class and how it is integrated into some of the other classes...is it mostly just through stuff like group projects?
Oh, you got a kind interviewer there! i was interviewed by him too:)
He does love ethic questions so if you got good answer, you'll be fine!!!
Oh, i really don't know ppl got accepted from waitlist or right away. But i know one or 2 ppl got accepted right before the term is started. So maybe they was on the waitlist.
We do share lectures with other medical, physical therapist, podiatrist...students. It was pretty good experience. Also we have a class which composes of all kind of students, we participate in Community service and everyone gives their ideas about what plan should we do....overall, the interprofessionalism is impressive for me yeah.

Yeah I really like their emphasis on interprofessionalism. Hopefully I will have some good news in a couple of weeks...its only been a couple of days and this waiting already feels like torture!

Yeah I really like their emphasis on interprofessionalism. Hopefully I will have some good news in a couple of weeks...its only been a couple of days and this waiting already feels like torture!
I'll cross-finger with you :xf: ! Good luck!!

Congrats! and good luck! it was a long day but overall a good experience.

Have an interview on November 28th.... very excited.

hey i was wondering if u hav received anything about a decision from rosalind yet? or did they tell u anything at the interview of when they would let u know? they said they would send a letter from through the mail but i know last year they made phone calls and i know other schools notify by email... i guess its only been 2.5 weeks since my interview but it feels lik its been 2.5 months... i feel like the long wait is going to lead to not so good news

hey i was wondering if u hav received anything about a decision from rosalind yet? or did they tell u anything at the interview of when they would let u know? they said they would send a letter from through the mail but i know last year they made phone calls and i know other schools notify by email... i guess its only been 2.5 weeks since my interview but it feels lik its been 2.5 months... i feel like the long wait is going to lead to not so good news

Actually am quite surprise at their reponse.. I interviewed on November 28th and I got a phone call on December 2 to inform me that I was accepted..... though during the interview day they said it might take a week or so.. so very suprise and excited... But I do have to wait for the admission packet which will be through the mail.

But don't sweat it too much... am sure you will get a reply by next week.

Actually am quite surprise at their reponse.. I interviewed on November 28th and I got a phone call on December 2 to inform me that I was accepted..... though during the interview day they said it might take a week or so.. so very suprise and excited... But I do have to wait for the admission packet which will be through the mail.

Congrats!

well atlease i guess i know that they put me on the waiting list instead of having to guess where i stand...especially since i didn't get a phone call..damn...oh well i guess.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats!

well atlease i guess i know that they put me on the waiting list instead of having to guess where i stand...especially since i didn't get a phone call..damn...oh well i guess.

i had another quick question...about how many people were at ur interview? there were about 15 at mine..and i mainly ask because this thread is not gettin much activity besides us so im assuming the other people who have interviewed don't know about sdn...

COngrats...Are you choosing this school?;)

i had another quick question...about how many people were at ur interview? there were about 15 at mine..and i mainly ask because this thread is not gettin much activity besides us so im assuming the other people who have interviewed don't know about sdn...

Approximately 8 to 9 people total were there, the day I interview.

Hey, I was interviewed on the 15th as well :) Have you heard from them anything at all?

Hey! I was interviewed on the 15th as well :) Have you heard from them yet?

i havnt heard anything...im getting really annoyed....i assume im either waitlisted or rejected since i never received an acceptance phone call like sirdi senju but then again i havnt received anything saying i havnt been accepted...its been 3 weeks since my interview... i dont know what they are doing..they could be still deciding on people?...but obviously they have already made decisions if someone said they got a acceptance call last week...i wish they would send an email with our status instead of making us wait for a letter in the mail and keep us guessing...im really tempted to contact them to see wats up and if im waitlisted/rejected or they are still making decisions but i dont wanna annoy them but this is torture.

No, you wont annoy them. Just give them a call to check on the status. I did that all the time. Just kindly ask and you are ok!

No, you wont annoy them. Just give them a call to check on the status. I did that all the time. Just kindly ask and you are ok!

just called today after i didnt receive anything in the mail again...they said my application is still under review...i guess its kinda good cause im not officially on the wait list or rejected so there is still hope but the waiting is killing me... hopefully i get some more decisive news before christmas....but for now i guess i dont have to run to my mailbox everyday hoping to see some kind of news....

just called today after i didnt receive anything in the mail again...they said my application is still under review...i guess its kinda good cause im not officially on the wait list or rejected so there is still hope but the waiting is killing me... hopefully i get some more decisive news before christmas....but for now i guess i dont have to run to my mailbox everyday hoping to see some kind of news....

I called them too last week and was told they are still reviewing and will let us know at the beginning of January.

holy cow that is so long....i wonder how many they are still reviewing and how many acceptances they offered...well hopefully some good luck comes our way in the new year.

Would you please fill me in on your stats?
When was your application / secondary complete?
How were you notified of your interview? Email, snail mail, ect
IS or OOS?

I interviewed on the 15th, and was accepted on the 12/02/11 ;)

Submitted supplemental around Dec 15

Hey everyone. just a question for you. I have not submitted my supplemental yet. I had a interview at another Chicago school and was accepted. Im from out of state and not really wanting to go back for an interview at another school. Can anyone tell me whats good about this program and why you like it? Thanks in advance.

Congratulations to all of those got accepted, do you mind sharing your stats please?

Hey everyone. just a question for you. I have not submitted my supplemental yet. I had a interview at another Chicago school and was accepted. Im from out of state and not really wanting to go back for an interview at another school. Can anyone tell me whats good about this program and why you like it? Thanks in advance.

Hey Drew,

What I liked about this school was the interprofessionalism approach and a simulation lab where the medical students as well as the pharmacy students work together to learn how to better serve the patients' needs. They hire actors as the patients! Also, some of the professors came to Rosalind Franklin from UIC and have a lot of experience compared to those from Roosevelt. Hope this answered ur question :)

Hey I got interviewed at 15th as well haven't received any response call them a few time to see the status but still under review...hoping any replay soon

When I called they said the committee would be meeting again like January 16th.

I applied and interviewed for RFUMS COP' 2016 class. I interviewed early February. I was hoping to hear something positive back soon but still no word. Today an applicant that interviewed on the very same day as me called me up to let me know that he was notified of his acceptance by phone just yesterday. This kind bummed me out:( I know it's never good to get your hopes up or take things like this personally. Even so I DID get my hopes up and on some level I DO take it personally. I am pretty sure that I would have heard something by now. Congratulations to all those that made it though. I'm so happy for you and a little jealous too. After I heard from my friend, I had a little pity party for myself this afternoon. Later I decided that I will try and give this whole process one more chance; I will try and make the best of my rebuilding year and try again. I have some ideas as for ways to improve myself next time around. That said I could still use some advice from other applicants that had to apply more than once. Thanks!

I applied and interviewed for RFUMS COP' 2016 class. I interviewed early February. I was hoping to hear something positive back soon but still no word. Today an applicant that interviewed on the very same day as me called me up to let me know that he was notified of his acceptance by phone just yesterday. This kind bummed me out:( I know it's never good to get your hopes up or take things like this personally. Even so I DID get my hopes up and on some level I DO take it personally. I am pretty sure that I would have heard something by now. Congratulations to all those that made it though. I'm so happy for you and a little jealous too. After I heard from my friend, I had a little pity party for myself this afternoon. Later I decided that I will try and give this whole process one more chance; I will try and make the best of my rebuilding year and try again. I have some ideas as for ways to improve myself next time around. That said I could still use some advice from other applicants that had to apply more than once. Thanks!
You never know. I was in the exact same position at a different pharmacy school. We were told to expect to hear back 14 days after the interview. The time passed and someone I kept in contact with got accepted and I did not hear a response back. 12 days after his response I received my acceptance.

never thought i'd be posting this... but.. i have an interview! :D its on march 6th. anyone else interviewing this day?

I interviewed on Feb 16th and received a letter notification on 02/29 that I was put on the alternate list. But I found out yesterday that I got accepted to my first choice shoool!
Good luck everyone

Congrats nicknack317!!! What a relief you have somewhere to go this fall. If you dont mind, can you tell me how the interview went?

Interviewed at Rosalind Franklin on Thursday. I was really impressed by the faculty, facility, student feedback, and focus on interprofessionalism. I would love to go to school here. The student ambassadors were extremely helpful and appeared genuinely happy. Thoroughly enjoyed the interview process, too.

I have no doubt that this program will be among the best in the country with the level of enthusiasm and commitment from the students and faculty.

Hopefully everything works out :xf:

I've been accepted to both Rosalind Franklin and Midwestern, but am still having trouble deciding which school to choose. Any input/advice how to choose which school to attend that'd be great! :)

I've been accepted to both Rosalind Franklin and Midwestern, but am still having trouble deciding which school to choose. Any input/advice how to choose which school to attend that'd be great! :)

Midwestern! Then I'll be taken off the waitlist at rosalind. Jk jk.. Lol. What are your priorities in a program? Interprofessionalism, history/track record of success, etc.?

Midwestern! Then I'll be taken off the waitlist at rosalind. Jk jk.. Lol. What are your priorities in a program? Interprofessionalism, history/track record of success, etc.?
Iam trying to look at the entire picture. Rosalind has a fairly new program, while Midwestern has been more established so getting rotations sites and networking capabilities maybe better. There are so many schools in the Chicagoland area and I just want to pick the school that has the better advantage.

Last edited:
I'll be attending Rosalind Franklin in the fall. Now I just have to find a place to live lol

did you have an interview? if so when? and did you get accepted?? i'm waiting to hear back from them! they are one of my choices