Rosalind Franklin LOR

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

weanprednisone

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
"Three individual letters of recommendation, or one committee letter, are required. If you choose to submit three individual letters, you must submit exactly three. We prefer (but do not require) that at least one of your is written by a medical professional (not necessarily an MD) with whom you have worked. All letters must be included in your AMCAS application."

I was always told MD schools were not very interested in physician LORs. Is this school a hard ass, if I don't have one from a med professional? Or does med professional include like volunteer supervisors? (I highly doubt this)

Members don't see this ad.

Sounds like they're pretty clear about preferring one from a medical professional. My state school REQUIRES one from a physician, so I guess each school is different. And by medical professional, they probably mean someone who has completed professional school (nurse, podiatrist, physical therapist, MD, DO, etc)

When I applied, I think a MD letter was required. Now it's optional. So the school isn't really being a 'hard ass' at all.