Rosalind Franklin University vs Des Moines University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

GroovyGoose

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I have acceptances into both RFU and DMU and am trying to decide which is the better option. I am hoping to match into a competitive specialty such as ENT.

RFU

Pros
  • MD school
  • Chicago location has better rotation opportunities than DMU
  • Pretty good match rates
Cons
  • Expensive
  • Located farther from home

DMU

Pros
  • Much cheaper (Scholarship and lower cost of living)
  • I have already started doing research here
  • Close to home
  • Pretty good match rate
Cons
  • Worried about DO bias when matching
  • I've heard quality rotations can be hard to find