Rosalind Franklin University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chemwiz14

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I was just wondering as to how many people Rosalind Franklin accept and if they are on rolling admissions. Also what did you guys think of it?

Members don't see this ad.

chemwiz14 said:
I was just wondering as to how many people Rosalind Franklin accept and if they are on rolling admissions. Also what did you guys think of it?

Good school. Great residency matches. Considered "low tier" by some.

They do rolling admissions. Last year:

Applied- 7,794
Interviewed- 693
Accepted- 457
Enrolled- 185

Acceptance rate: 5.9%

GPA
Average undergraduate GPA: 3.4

MCAT
Overall score (composite): 9.5
Verbal reasoning: 8.8
Physical sciences: 9.9
Biological: 9.9

This info is from US News & World Report

I liked the school. My tour guides were nice, though that was really the only student interaction my interview group had. The location of the campus seems really depressing...but then again, that is only for the first two years when people are studying all the time anyway. Downtown chicago and surrounding areas are a great place to do your clinical rotations.

JulioFly said:
I liked the school. My tour guides were nice, though that was really the only student interaction my interview group had. The location of the campus seems really depressing...but then again, that is only for the first two years when people are studying all the time anyway. Downtown chicago and surrounding areas are a great place to do your clinical rotations.

The immediate town around the school is depressing, yes, but the school is actually situated not too distant from some extremely nice neighborhoods - Lincolnshire, lake forest, Evanston...could be much worse! Moreover, as you said, you have your nose buried in books the first two years anyhow.

The students I talked with (30 of them via email) all like it! They love their teachers, each other and going to that school. Location is the only gripe.