UICOM (Rockford) vs Rosalind Franklin

Started by Madrid2
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Madrid2

New Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey everyone! I'm having trouble deciding between attending UICOM in Rockford versus RFU. I wanted to attend UICOM in Chicago because of their extensive opportunities, however, this year they are not allowing students to request a campus location change. My current specialty interests are Rads, gas, and Cardiology. I would like to hear from you guys and your opinions on which option would be better for me. Also, I would appreciate hearing about any major differences between these schools.

As a side note, my twin brother is planning to attend RFU which is making me lean towards RFU more.
 
Hey there- RFU M2. Tough decision indeed. The good news is we have people doing research in those three specialties this summer, so that's a big pro of RFU. Granted I know UICOM is doing research in those fields no matter where they have you. Living vibe- yeah you are a tad closer to the downtown vibes at RFU, but it's still a trek. Rockford and North Chicago/Waukegan/Lake Forest/Highwood/Highland Park are fairly ubiquitous. I know RFU doesn't have the primary teaching hospital- we still have like 12+ very good clinical affiliate hospitals. Remind me- do they keep you in Rockford for clinical? They still have Swedish and OSF there which are decent hospitals. Last but not least, the big one- COST. Which one is cheaper? Is it a small or huge difference? Me personally a >20k/yr cost difference would be the deciding factor UNLESS being near your twin brother is VERY advantageous.