Rosalind Franklin's Prematriculation Program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

heymisslady

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I would like to hear from anyone with info or who has participated in the premetriculation program. I would like to know:

1. Do you pay tuition for this program?
2. Is there a linkage agreement with this program (ie. do you start medical school the next year or do you have to interview and still hope to get in?)
3. Is tution the same for in-state and out-of-state students?
4. How are the classes, are they as stressful and the first years class of a little more relaxed?
5. I know the school had problems with probation, have those problems been resolved?
6. Where's the cheapest place to live that's within 20 miles from the campus (I know the cost of living in Chicago is very expensive)?
7. How diverse is the student body (I really want to be in an environment where the student body is not uniformed)?
8. Does the program require you to repeat your MCAT at the end?

Any additional info would be gladly appreciated:)

Thanks alot and I look for to hearing good things about RFU;)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm looking forward to hearing about this too. I just wanted to say that I am from Chicago, and Rosalind Franklin is actually in North Chicago, which is a separate town. It's actually about a 45 minute drive from downtown. I believe the cost of living (rent, etc) is much lower up there.

[QUOTE=heymisslady;4232691]I would like to hear from anyone with info or who has participated in the premetriculation program. I would like to know:

ok, first off, it was never called prematriculation program. It was the Applied Physiology (AP) [special masters program], which no longer exists.

1. Do you pay tuition for this program?

u take most of the 1st yr med school courses as well as grad courses, so yeah.

2. Is there a linkage agreement with this program (ie. do you start medical school the next year or do you have to interview and still hope to get in?)

u still had to interview. if u got the masters (met gpa requirement), u were pretty much in. this is NO longer the case

3. Is tution the same for in-state and out-of-state students?
its a private school, so yes.

4. How are the classes, are they as stressful and the first years class of a little more relaxed?
try more stressful b/c u are competing against the med students for a spot in med school. there was no +/- so 89.9 would be 3.0, 79.9=2.0, etc. u could miss an A or B in a class by 1 ques

5. I know the school had problems with probation, have those problems been resolved?

yes

6. Where's the cheapest place to live that's within 20 miles from the campus (I know the cost of living in Chicago is very expensive)?
u would be crazy to live 20 miles away. the amount of studying u need to do pretty much necessitates living near campus. prices vary but much less than chicago.

7. How diverse is the student body (I really want to be in an environment where the student body is not uniformed)?

there were no URMs in the AP program (atleast last year), just white, persian, asian. the med school class is a little more diverse.

8. Does the program require you to repeat your MCAT at the end?
No, b/c u need an MCAT to get into the program.

Any additional info would be gladly appreciated:)

this program no longer exists. there is a new masters in biomedical sciences program which allows u to take some med school courses (less than before) but will accept far fewer pple.

Thanks alot and I look for to hearing good things about RFU;)

hope this clarifies things...

Members don't see this ad :)
are there any other programs like the AP program?

i am curious about this also. what is the minimum mcat score to be accepted into this program?