Roseman vs. Louisville ()

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dentalorthodontics1

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am grateful to have been accepted to Roseman and Louisville school of dentistry, I have also just interviewed at ATSU and I'm looking forward to Interviewing at Touro in January. I am deciding which school I need to set a deposit for. I wanted some input, thank you.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I would go with Louisville simply because it’s more established. I also have a bias because I love the state of Kentucky, though :)

These are the number posted on the websites for these schools for the first year. This does not include cost of living, loan fees, ect.

Louisville tuition and fees(OOS): $77,517
Roseman tuition and fees(Private): $92,180

All schools have their pros and cons but if I were you, I'd chose UofL. Best of luck making your decision!

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
I would go with Louisville. Overall it will be cheaper to attend ULSD once you factor in the cost of living. Also, I heard that Louisville is now getting a bunch of their digital dentistry technology and so that is a plus for you too. I am sure whichever school you pick will be a good decision for you. Good luck deciding!

Members don't see this ad :)
Go to ULSD!! It’s gonna be awesome!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN

With those options, definitely ULSD in every category: quality of education, cost of education, and cost of living. I don't have the best impression about Roseman after hearing my dentist here in Utah county tell me DON'T go to Roseman because of the turnover of faculty and various other negative things he's heard from his colleagues. I also hear current students always mentioning "I love Roseman BUT...". Going to ULSD will give you a very solid academic and clinical foundation.They also have some really cool research they're doing. Going to an established program like Louisville will get you out of school confident in your skills and practice ready. I was super impressed with the faculty there and thought they were just as good, if not better than most of the schools I interviewed at. Plus you won't freeze your butt off... just my 2 cents.

Reactions: 4 users
Cost of living is significantly lower in Louisville over South Jordan.

Also, I would suggest not bothering attending additional interviews. Save your money and time.