ross : anyone done surgery at peninsula

Started by Bevo
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Bevo

Radiology, R1
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Looking to see if anyone has done a surgery rotation at peninsula hospital and what their opnion of the rotation is.

thanks.
 
Didn't do mine there, but I heard it sucks. Very malignant program (i.e., bottom of the barrel and everyone hates each other and they fight all the time).

I also don't believe they have any ACGME/AMA medical school affiliations. Verify with the Green Book before you rotate there.

NB: This is only what I heard from people who did it there. I have no direct, personal experience with that rotation.

-Skip
 
thanks.

I was leaning against going there to begin with. I just wanted to make sure I was doing the right thing.

seems like the school has few openings in the acgme rotations, but ample space in the osteopathic rotations.

been givin the choice between 3 electives or surgery at peninsula.

neither sounds great.