Ross Application - Questions

Started by meadow36
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

meadow36

UF CVM 2013
10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I'm in the process of filling out the Ross Application and I'm a little confused about some things.

1 - The pre-req GPA - is this just for the courses listed for pre-vet on the application?

2 - No where do I see an area for experience, except for the two lines allowed for large animal and two lines for small animal. Should I put my experience in the additional info (since this is my strong point - don't want to leave it out)?

3 - LOR's only two? Would the PHD I worked with in research count as an academic LOR? Will they take two vets?

Anything else I should know? Would appreciate any additional info.

Thanks!
 
Hi Meadow36 -

I feel your pain! I almost didn't apply when I saw the app as my GPA sucks but my experience doesn't. The pre-req GPA is, indeed, for the required courses. They do get your transcripts, so they will see your other grades anyway.

I think that they purposely put only two lines there for your experience so I wouldn't put anything in the "other information" section. I did try to expand on these in my essay (which, of course, being only 300 words is tough to do but possible).

As for the LOR's, I sent one vet and one prof so I can't really help you there, I'm sorry.

Good luck!
 
Hey Vegan Chick-
Did you put anything in the "other info" section? I can't think of what to put there (except for my experience, but if you didn't then I guess I shouldn't). Hey maybe I'll see you there next year!!
Meadow