Ross c/o 2027

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I recently received my rejection from Ross and I am still processing it. It was completely unexpected and I am wondering if anyone else has been rejected. Last cycle, I was waitlisted at other schools, so I was not expecting a rejection after additional academic improvement.

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 user
I recently received my rejection from Ross and I am still processing it. It was completely unexpected and I am wondering if anyone else has been rejected. Last cycle, I was waitlisted at other schools, so I was not expecting a rejection after additional academic improvement.
So sorry :( Did they tell you why you were? On the low GPA page on FB page a question was asked a while ago if anyone was rejected from Ross and the people that were basically said it was due to low experience not their GPA.

So sorry :( Did they tell you why you were? On the low GPA page on FB page a question was asked a while ago if anyone was rejected from Ross and the people that were basically said it was due to low experience not their GPA.
Good to know! I have over 7 years of experience in vet med (mostly small animal, but also large animal, zoo animal, and research). I plan on reaching out to them directly for their feedback.

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone else still not heard a singe thing from Ross?

What does acceptance look like for people who got one? This afternoon I received an email from a student coordinator regarding paying a $1000 deposit. It started with "congratulations on your acceptance," but I had never received anything before this.

What does acceptance look like for people who got one? This afternoon I received an email from a student coordinator regarding paying a $1000 deposit. It started with "congratulations on your acceptance," but I had never received anything before this.
What semester did you get accepted for?

Mine started with a phone call from the lady who interviewed me. She'd told me at the end of my interview that for any outcome, she would be calling me with news about my application. The call was shortly followed by emails from my interviewer, just telling me I'd been accepted through email, and then an email from a new student coordinator talking about the $1000 deposit. The next day I got two emails from the university, one was a welcome/congrats email and the other was an email version of my official acceptance letter.

I logged onto the myRoss portal and went to my profile from the upper right corner. Scrolled to the bottom there is a resend acceptance letter and finally got the official letter in my email!

Reactions: 1 users
Interviewed 10/12 and received my acceptance yesterday 12/7!

Finally got an interview invite!!

I logged onto the myRoss portal and went to my profile from the upper right corner. Scrolled to the bottom there is a resend acceptance letter and finally got the official letter in my email!
How do you access the portal?? I have not heard anything about a portal and am having trouble finding it.....

How do you access the portal?? I have not heard anything about a portal and am having trouble finding it.....
It should have been sent to you in an email at some point during the application process, probably when you added Ross as a school to your VMCAS. The subject line reads "Welcome to Ross Vet" and includes a link to get there

I just got an email saying my application was processed and they will contact me with next steps, she mentioned I could log onto the portal to see my admissions status but I can’t seem to find it anywhere. Anyone know where to find that?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anyone have any tips for an interview with Ross? I can’t seem to find any info about questions they ask on an interview information forum like other schools have.

Anyone have any tips for an interview with Ross? I can’t seem to find any info about questions they ask on an interview information forum like other schools have.
It’s very laid back. I was asked about my study habits, how I prepared for the GRE, what professionalism means to me, how I felt about moving to an island, what I see myself doing as a vet, and what is the hardest thing, in my opinion, about the veterinary medicine field right now and how I would deal with it.

Thanks! Interview went well I think. Now just a waiting game. How long afterwards did everyone hear back?

I have not heard back yet but I applied to start Jan 24. My admissions person said everyone that applied for next fall should hear before end of December most likely and then I’d hear something. So I would say you would hear within the next few weeks

I had a missed call earlier and listened to the voicemail and it was the admissions office from Ross asking if I was still interested because I never responded to their interview invite last week…I checked my email and haven’t received anything? Anyone else have this happen? I’ve checked spam/trash/etc. starting to wonder if they called the wrong person lol.

Thanks! Interview went well I think. Now just a waiting game. How long afterwards did everyone hear back?
I was told it would be 4-6 weeks before hearing my decision but it ended up only being 11 days haha

Hey everyone! I am seeing stuff in my portal that makes it seem like I’m accepted but I never got a call or email saying that even though my interviewer told me I should hear before the holidays and now it’s January. Since my portal says that my next step is to find housing and has a place for me to pay my deposit does that mean I’m accepted? Should I reach out to them saying I never got an email? I also have no idea which semester I would be potentially accepted for. I’m guessing fall 2023 but I might’ve also applied for January 2024 so idk.

Hey everyone! I am seeing stuff in my portal that makes it seem like I’m accepted but I never got a call or email saying that even though my interviewer told me I should hear before the holidays and now it’s January. Since my portal says that my next step is to find housing and has a place for me to pay my deposit does that mean I’m accepted? Should I reach out to them saying I never got an email? I also have no idea which semester I would be potentially accepted for. I’m guessing fall 2023 but I might’ve also applied for January 2024 so idk.
Nevermind. I somehow found on the portal a place (after searching it for so long lol) to resend the acceptance letter. So I’m accepted for fall 2023!! So happy!

Reactions: 2 users
How long has it taken everyone to hear a decision post interview? I interviewed a this week, they said it could take up to 4-6 weeks but was curious how soon everyone else heard?

How long has it taken everyone to hear a decision post interview? I interviewed a this week, they said it could take up to 4-6 weeks but was curious how soon everyone else heard?
It took about a week for me!

i interviewed 12/6 and she said expect about a month and haven’t heard back yet

I interviewed on Jan 2nd, also still waiting but almost at the 2 week mark 🤞

Has anyone received their admissions packet yet. It includes what we all need to do before we head down and get started. I put in my deposit a week ago and still have yet to receive a single email on what i need to do.

Has anyone received their admissions packet yet. It includes what we all need to do before we head down and get started. I put in my deposit a week ago and still have yet to receive a single email on what i need to do.
I haven’t put a deposit in yet but I heard that they send the packet 4 months before the start date. I believe the portal gives more information as well.

I am starting vet prep in May 2023 (so first semester of actual vet school August), and they just sent out an email saying welcome packets were put in the mail today, which is 4 months before the start of the semester. I think they wait to send them out until sooner to your start date so they can asses housing on and off campus. It includes info on flights, visas, etc.. so all the next steps. I would assume for August they would send out the packets early-mid May.

just got an acceptance call for Fall 2023, interviewed on 12/6

Reactions: 2 users
Heads up to anyone going in May - check your spam folder in your email. So glad I did, there was an email sent out on the 23rd saying we have to book our flights to and from St. Kitts and submit the reservation on the MyRossVet portal by February 1st!

Hello! I interviewed on 1/17 and was accepted to the Ross Vet Prep program 1/27!
As of now I will be attending Ross Vet Prep Fall 2023 :)

Accepted for fall 2023!

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I just found these threads but I was accepted to Ross for a fall 23' start! I'm excited to find you guys. I interviewed 1/5 and received my acceptance 1/23 :)

Is there a Facebook group or group chat of sorts for those accepted and planning to attend Fall 23?

Has anyone payed their deposit yet? If you did, how were you able to do it?

Hey I applied for the fall 2023 semester and had my interview on Feb 21, my application has been in pending review. Can anyone please tell me how long they had to wait for a response in regards to their application please.

Hey I applied for the fall 2023 semester and had my interview on Feb 21, my application has been in pending review. Can anyone please tell me how long they had to wait for a response in regards to their application please.

i waited about 6 weeks before getting my acceptance, i interviews 12/6 and was admitted 1/24