Ross chances-Thinking about dropping out of current postbac. Advice soon please.

Started by Pnain001
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

I do not attend Ross, but from reading SDN and the valueMD boards you would be a good fit for Ross, AUC or SGU. If the DO stuff is not in your heart, then you already know what to do.

Be honest. You went to a post-bacc for a DO school and realized that MD is what you want to pursue. I don't think adcoms would have an issue with that, but I am not on a committee. I think you should be fine.

Good luck!
 
I think if you don't plan to complete the postbac, then get out ASAP. It will probably hurt you at that particular DO school...doubt that other DO schools would necessarily find out that you enrolled there, even if you decided to apply to them later...

Since you are from California, how about trying to get into Western U., panapply to all your state MD schools (on the small chance you might get in), and then apply to 3-4 Caribbean schools at the same time. I don't think you should agree to do extra semesters (such as MERP program) because it doesn't seem like it would benefit you. You'll just end up paying them more money...