Ross University Carribeans

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Dr712

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I had a question about ross university in the Carribeans. Can you go to school year-round there? For example, if I start Fall 2011 (sem1), Spring 2012 (sem2), Summer 2012 (sem3), Fall 2012(sem4) could I do it that way or can you only take classes in the fall and spring?

Members don't see this ad.

theres a Caribbean forum that you prob want to check somewhere toward the bottom of the mainpage, this forum is US schools so I don't think anyone would know unless a carib med student happens to stumble upon this thread.

No, at Ross, you go to class all year round, with brief breaks in between each semester. The program was designed to get you done with basic sciences and in the US for rotations as fast as possible.

Members don't see this ad :)
mmk im sure everyone is used to this question by now but im asking it anyway lol. what are my chances of getting in (not merp) for Jan 2011 (assuming i submit my app by mid august):

cumGPA (from UCIrvine) : 3.208
science gpa (according to my transcript) : ~3.1 ish
MCAT: 24Q (V:10 B:8 P:6)

I only have 2 retakes: 1 from when I got a D+ IN GEN chem 1 (out of 3) my very first quarter and then got a B-, and the second from physics 1 (out of 3) in which I got a C- retook and then got a C.

I am also thinking of retaking the MCAT Aug. 5th but I wanted to figure out if it was necessary or not so I called Ross and I was told that with my stats it was unecessary. soo I am wondering if they were bull****ing me and that my stats would just place me in merp or am I a legit candidate for direct admission? I might as well ask what my chances would be for AUC and SABA too.

2 years of research, 100+ hours at a free clinic, member of a couple clubs, dean's list a few times,shadowed a doc for 3 years, volunteeres at a state mental disabilities hospital

thanks for the help!

It sounds like your chances are good in regards to you MCAT, grades, and interest in the field. The sooner you apply, the better because once the classes fill up, your chances of getting MERP'd inherently increase.

It sounds like your chances are good in regards to you MCAT, grades, and interest in the field. The sooner you apply, the better because once the classes fill up, your chances of getting MERP'd inherently increase.

He's right on the borderline for MERP. Personally, I think a straight acceptance is unlikely with those stats. Maybe 2 years ago--but not now.