You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Ross University Veterinary School September 2014 Class
Started by graci81390
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
Yay just accepted today! Still wait listed at auburn but honestly it'll be a tough decision for me if I get pulled off! Excited about a Caribbean adventure!!! Also this is the only school where my fiancé would consider moving with me 😛 when is the deposit due?! I feel like my acceptance call had 0 info haha
Deposit is typically due two weeks after acceptance.Yay just accepted today! Still wait listed at auburn but honestly it'll be a tough decision for me if I get pulled off! Excited about a Caribbean adventure!!! Also this is the only school where my fiancé would consider moving with me 😛 when is the deposit due?! I feel like my acceptance call had 0 info haha
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I sent in my deposit a few days after the call. I didn't get the official letter until 2 weeks after the call and it says that the deposit is due within 2 weeks of getting the letter.
Sent in mine today 🙂 well didn't really "send it in" but paid it online. Yay for commitment!
I'm glad I came across this website. I've learned so much already by looking at past threads. I can't wait for the Ross September Facebook page invite. I want to get to know as many classmates as possible.
Just booked my flight for August! I noticed the flights are already starting to be sold out quickly. Most of the Aug 22 flights were already sold out.
Hello!
I got accepted into RUSVM Vet Prep for September! Anyone else in Vet prep?
I too paid my deposit online.
Good thing you mentioned flights were filling up. I had not realized they would so quickly. I'll have to book mine tomorrow.
I got accepted into RUSVM Vet Prep for September! Anyone else in Vet prep?
I too paid my deposit online.
Good thing you mentioned flights were filling up. I had not realized they would so quickly. I'll have to book mine tomorrow.
I did vet prep...if you have any questions feel free to PM me 🙂Hello!
I got accepted into RUSVM Vet Prep for September! Anyone else in Vet prep?
I too paid my deposit online.
Good thing you mentioned flights were filling up. I had not realized they would so quickly. I'll have to book mine tomorrow.
That's interesting you guys are saying flights are booking up...I wasn't even accepted until mid may last year and I don't think I booked my flights until June or July and there were plenty!
I was suprised too. Maybe they add more later if they need it? Do u know what office we submitt our flight plans too?
I sent mine to Bill Bingham, he was the new student advisor assigned to me.I was suprised too. Maybe they add more later if they need it? Do u know what office we submitt our flight plans too?
I haven't been assigned a new student advisor yet...should I be concerned? 😵
I got my flights though! Anyone else having an embarrassing herd of family members coming to help you move? My grandpa who's never been out of the US (barely ever out of oregon) is coming with us....should be interesting. Getting so excited!!!
I got my flights though! Anyone else having an embarrassing herd of family members coming to help you move? My grandpa who's never been out of the US (barely ever out of oregon) is coming with us....should be interesting. Getting so excited!!!
I haven't been assigned a new student advisor yet...should I be concerned? 😵
I got my flights though! Anyone else having an embarrassing herd of family members coming to help you move? My grandpa who's never been out of the US (barely ever out of oregon) is coming with us....should be interesting. Getting so excited!!!
How about Isha, do you know who that is? Bill was the guy who called me and told me I was accepted, and then I think in email correspondence he was the person mentioned for who to send flight itineraries to but if you don't know who that is, Isha is always a safe bet. Just make sure you send it to her actual email and not on Facebook, she doesn't like that lol
When I got my acceptance call I don't think it was from either of those two people...she said a new student coordinator would be in touch with me but I never got a contact from anyone...oops
Ill try to hunt down one of their email addresses 🙂 I'm sure it won't be too hard.
Ill try to hunt down one of their email addresses 🙂 I'm sure it won't be too hard.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
My advisor is Bill but when I went to the new student reception a few weeks ago the admissions people said that he is focusing on the May acceptance right now and will not contact the new September students until probably after may 1st. I haven't decided if I should send my flight plans to him now or wait until I get my welcome packet. Deadline to send flight plans is June 1st.
I would waitMy advisor is Bill but when I went to the new student reception a few weeks ago the admissions people said that he is focusing on the May acceptance right now and will not contact the new September students until probably after may 1st. I haven't decided if I should send my flight plans to him now or wait until I get my welcome packet. Deadline to send flight plans is June 1st.
Yea I think that's what I'm going to do.
I sent in my acceptance last week! Thanks for the heads up that flights are booking fast! I will have to look into some now.
I'm getting really anxious to start hearing more details about September, everything's beginning to feel very real!
I especially want to get the facebook page invite so I can creep around on all my future classmates lol
Posted using SDN Mobile
I especially want to get the facebook page invite so I can creep around on all my future classmates lol
Posted using SDN Mobile
I am very anxious also! We should start getting our welcome packets soon since the May class started orientation today.
I don't think rabies is required (although I think it's a good idea haha) I was told to talk to my county health dpt about getting a rabies vaccine.
I don't think rabies is required (although I think it's a good idea haha) I was told to talk to my county health dpt about getting a rabies vaccine.
St Kitts is still considered a rabies free country. You don't need the rabies vaccine until about 6th or 7th semester when you have to go into clinics. The nurses at Ross can administer them for you. It's not very cheap, I think like $250 per vaccine for three vaccines, but if you can't find it cheaper anywhere else than you don't have to stress about it.
Has anyone heard from Bill the new student coordinator yet? Also has anyone gotten a welcome packet. I got a two page booklet called Preparation for Enrollment last month but it is not very detailed. I am hoping they send more information.
Nope to both of those things. I'm religiously checking my mailbox for the packet!
Surprisingly you can actually get the pre exposure rabies vaccine at walgreens, if you get a script from your doctor walgreens can order it can give you the shot in store. I worked with bats a couple yrs ago and had to get one, the only problem with the vaccine is that you have to get 3 and they are about $300 each shot. I guess one company has the rights to the vaccine.
I've read that many students wait to get the rabies series down in St. Kitts. I emailed the nurse and that is what she recommended. It is also cheaper than getting it in the US.
Hey has anyone gotten the welcome packet yet?
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Nope I emailed Bill the new student coordinator today. He said that welcome packets and housing will be sent out mid May. He also said to forward him your flight plans after you book them
So I know that there is a Ross students face book pages, but what does everyone think about making a RUSVM c/o 2018, or something like that. That way we can all talk about stuff and maybe get to know our classmates more? I cant wait to meet everyone, so excited!
Ross emails the link to us for the September group in July.
Got my email to set up my myRoss account!
So has anyone gotten the welcome packet yet? I'm freaking out that I haven't gotten it yet
Nope just the email to access the my Ross account so far. I don't think the welcome packets are coming until the end of the month.
I got an email from my new student coordinator yesterday and she said they just sent them out! So excited to get everything rolling
When are your guys arrival and departure days for your flights?!
Posted using SDN Mobile
Posted using SDN Mobile
I leave August 23rd in the am and have a layover in Charlotte then arrive in st kitts at 330. I leave st kitts on dec 12 and stay over night Miami then get home the morning of the 13th
I leave August 23rd in the am and have a layover in Charlotte then arrive in st kitts at 330. I leave st kitts on dec 12 and stay over night Miami then get home the morning of the 13th
I'm also on that Charlotte flight! I'm leavin at 10:30 pm from portland, OR and then get into Charlotte at like 6 am (ugh) and then leave Charlotte around 11 in st kitts by 3:30 on the 23rd!
My way back is much nicer, leave dec 12 at 4ish, and in Denver around 10:30!
awesome!
We can have a Rossie party on the plane!
You guys will get a semester color and they tell everyone to wear that color when you're traveling so you can spot other Ross students. It was so fun in the airport and helped calm everyone's nerves.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Everything is really starting to become real. Did everyone get the housing email with the Facebook page link? Our semester color is Blue.
You guys sound pretty excited ^_^
I plan on applying to Ross, but I don't really know how the rolling application deadline works.
How long was it between applying and getting accepted? And how long after that till you're in school there?
I plan on applying to Ross, but I don't really know how the rolling application deadline works.
How long was it between applying and getting accepted? And how long after that till you're in school there?
All applicants seems to be a little different since it's rolling and it really depends on what time of year you apply. If you apply when they're getting ready to start a new semester, things will be a little slow. For me personally, I applied in January, was notified valentine's weekend that I had an interview which would take place in March, and then I found out I was accepted in mid May for the upcoming September semester. But I've heard of people finding out they were accepted way earlier and much later.You guys sound pretty excited ^_^
I plan on applying to Ross, but I don't really know how the rolling application deadline works.
How long was it between applying and getting accepted? And how long after that till you're in school there?
Similar threads
- Replies
- 3
- Views
- 447
- Replies
- 323
- Views
- 52K
- Locked
- Sticky
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 4K
- Replies
- 0
- Views
- 187