Ross University??!!?!?!?!?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

HelloGoodbye

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everybody,

I know this has probably been discussed before, but I was just curious what people currently thought about Ross University. Last night they came to our school and put on a presentation (bringing boat loads of papa johns pizza). I frankly was not impressed, eventhough people say this is the "nicest of the caribbean medical schools". I don't plan on applying here, but what do you all think????

Members don't see this ad.

wow what school do you go to? I have never heard of med schools reqruiting like that. I personally think that ross has issues with clinicals. there aren't enough spots for all students thus students can't graduate on time or take the step2 with out completing all their core rotations. I would stay away. also a good school shouldn't have to reqruit like that. I don't think SGU does, but i might be wrong.

Yes, Ross does recruit. They tried to recruit me years ago when I was a premed...they must have gotten my name off a list of folks who took the MCAT.

Agree w/above post. I think St George (and maybe SABA?) likely have a better education. St. George probably has the best clinical rotations. They have rotations at several New York and California hospitals. St George has a higher board pass rate than Ross. You have to pass the USMLE ("board exam") to even be able to get ANY residency in the US.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow, i thought ross had decent clinicals?

alot of people say sgu then ross... next auc and saba...

any ross students that can comment on the difficulty in obtaining clinicals?

I attend SGU I my personal opinion would be SGU/AUC then Ross/SABA.

But you must be prepared for the unique FMG/Caribbean issues. On a related note, I spoke to a Kaplan sales rep yesterday as I try to figure out how I'm going to study for Step 1 and was told during the coversation, "we don't recommend off-shore students use either the WebPrep or CenterPrep" which are the 2 self-study plans where you buy books/streaming lectures/QBank, etc. LOL, I think that'll be just fine, thank you.