Rotating Room for interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

chronicidal

Scrub
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
There needs to be some way for fourth year medical students who are interviewing to save money by engaging in a sharing economy, eg, find a fellow applicant to split a hotel room, find a current med student's couch to sleep on (and loan out your couch to rack up points to spend). Does this exist?

Members don't see this ad.

We have one Facebook group for all of the Canadian med schools. Benefits of a smaller population, haha.

There needs to be some way for fourth year medical students who are interviewing to save money by engaging in a sharing economy, eg, find a fellow applicant to split a hotel room, find a current med student's couch to sleep on (and loan out your couch to rack up points to spend). Does this exist?

I've been saying this for years brother. If you want to put something together, let me know and I'll brainstorm/work with you.

Though I foresee the big limitation preventing this sort of thing from becoming the next rotatingroom.com is loss of autonomy. During the interview season, you need absolute and utter control of your life and spare time. Sharing rooms is a royal pain in the ass when, for example, the residents are keeping you out drinking until 1 AM at the pre-interview social but your "roomie" keeps pestering you to split an uber back to the hotel so he can get his precious beauty sleep. Also, you somehow always have to wait for other people. Always. And you're often left holding the bag financially unless you're OK being kind of an assole. At the end of the day, I think most people just want to schedule their flights/hotels last minute and have supreme control over all factors.

Members don't see this ad :)
My friend literally just made a website for exactly this. It's not 100% up and running so she would probably get mad if I posted the link but I will ask her about posting it on here.

Reactions: 1 user
Stupid question, sorry. Why would the mods ban linking to that website she made? I know advertising is against the TOS, but nothing about that website is for profit. She can't possibly profit from it, there are no ads or anything, and it stands to benefit lots of MS4's. It doesn't seem to me to be different than rotatingroom, which people link to all the time. Just curious.

Stupid question, sorry. Why would the mods ban linking to that website she made? I know advertising is against the TOS, but nothing about that website is for profit. She can't possibly profit from it, there are no ads or anything, and it stands to benefit lots of MS4's. It doesn't seem to me to be different than rotatingroom, which people link to all the time. Just curious.

wtf censorship