SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rotation scheduling questions

Discussion in 'Clinical Rotations' started by study buddy, Oct 2, 2001.

1. study buddy

study buddy Junior Member 10+ Year Member

Apr 14, 2000
    The visiting student applications I am looking at for electives want me to complete all core rotations before I do an elective at their hospital. Is this an absolute requirement, i.e., if I have most of them done do they make an exception?
    I have tried contacting the hospitals but haven't had much luck.

Also, by what date is it best to have the rotations at the hospital you are interested done, so that they will know you when you apply?

Thanks -
  2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. AJM

AJM SDN Moderator Moderator Emeritus 7+ Year Member

Jun 25, 2001
    Well, it depends which core rotations you haven't done yet. The programs I looked at for visiting rotations expect that you've at least done Medicine, Surgery, and Peds. Usually Ob/Gyn is expected too. Psych is +/-. If you're doing a non-psych rotation, then most programs will be okay without you having done that core.

As far as when, that's a good question. The absolute latest I've heard people do away rotations is December. After December, programs are well into interviewing, and I've heard it doesn't do you much good to do your rotation then.