Rotations at UHS, NOVA, KCOM, or PCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

TheVWFreak

15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I am seeking the wisdom of all of you! I am wanting some opinions on rotations at the following four schools: KCOM, UHS, PCOM and NOVA. I would like to know a little about where most of the rotations can be done and a little about the rotation life in general (i.e. do most people move to other sites than the school hospital to do rotations)

I know these are open ended, but I wanted to hear some discussion on this topic and have not been able to find allot!!
Thank y'all a million,

TheVWFreak

Members don't see this ad.

Here is the core hospital list from UHS
<a href="http://www.uhs.edu/academics/cce/coresitesall.asp" target="_blank">UHS</a>

I think it should be noted, that as a 4th year at UHS, you can do the ENTIRE year on out-rotations...meaning anywhere. Third year clinicals are at a core SITE, which may not necessarily be a single hospital, rather a single area. ALWAYS choose a hospital with interns and residents...ALWAYS ALWAYS ALWAYS!
Heed the clown!

Members don't see this ad :)
Check out the <a href="http://www.nsucom2006.com" target="_blank">NSUCOM Class of 2006 Website</a> .. there is a list with brief bio of all the rotation sites for NOVA... in addition, it works into the residency opportunities at each...

-A

VWfreak,

Once we get done with finals here at KCOM I'll post some info. The net result is that there are a lot of potential options all over the country. Look for a response from me in 12 days (after I get back from the bar).

Sweaty
MS-II KCOM

I, too, am interested in hearing from some UHS Third- and Fourth-Years, about their likes/dislikes of the core hopspital sites where they did their rotations. Are any of the core sites better at providing an educational environment than others? What other sorts of criteria should I be looking at to judge the sites other than the presence of residents and interns and the number of beds?

Thanks!

--Michael