rotations in puerto rico

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

beachbum

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
am looking for inofrmation on the quality of the rotations during 3rd and 4th year in pureto rico med schools.. could anyone please share any info with me, i would be greatly thankfull. anything about how big the hospitals are ? how much pathology is seen? how about elective?
tahnk you much

Members don't see this ad.

Are you already in med school beachbum, if so what school are you in?
In Puerto Rico the rotations depend on the school.
The University of Puerto Rico is located smack in the middle of a HUGE medicla complex, so all or most of their rotations are done right there.
UCC does some rotations in local hospitals (close to their campus) and in the UPR hospital complex.
Ponce since it tis located on the other side (southwestern) of the island concentrate most of their rotations in the southern and western parts of the island. Of all three UPR is the most conveniant, because you can rent an apartment close to the med school and pretty much walk to you rotations from home every day, for the others you would need a car.
BTW, you should post this in the allo forums because PR schools are US scools in all respects, although I understand you would have posted in the carribbean forum. :thumbup:

Dr Who