rotations in retail district offices

Started by psurocks
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

psurocks

Junior Member
15+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
has anyone done a rotation in a district office of a big chain like say walgreens? basically to shadow the DM...if so, how was it, how would one pursue to set this rotation up?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I did a rotation with a district manager for Walgreens. I pretty much rode with her from pharmacy to pharmacy doing inventory projects and trying not to let our conversations get stale (that was the hardest part). She mostly had to keep pharmacists from bitching and deal with customer complaints. It got boring after the first week but there wasn't much expectation out of me so those rotations are nice sometimes. Other "projects" I had to do was reduce the inventory of 1 store and to setup information booths in a mall and retirement area...basicly give away free crap.
 
You should be able to set up the rotation through the person who does that for your school - it's not like this is a novel rotation no one has thought of before!
 
I work for RA and I know my DM pretty well so its easy for me to set it up. I would call your DM's office and ask if they would be willing to do such a rotation (or if they already have an existing rotation).