Rotations: Southern CA people can you help?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

crying moo

pancakes!
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hey all,

I'm a 3rd year in Virginia, currently signing up for rotations.
I'd like to do a rotation or 2 around the "east of LA area" so I can be with my parents for a while. They live in San Gabriel. I don't know the West coast very well, let alone any pharmacy practice sites I could contact.

If any 3rd or 4th year students are familiar with Southern CA and could help me out (trying to find a preceptor, especially for geriatrics) please PM or email me. ...Also I may be able to help you find something in the DC area or Virginia if you're interested.
 
crying moo said:
Hey all,

I'm a 3rd year in Virginia, currently signing up for rotations.
I'd like to do a rotation or 2 around the "east of LA area" so I can be with my parents for a while. They live in San Gabriel. I don't know the West coast very well, let alone any pharmacy practice sites I could contact.

If any 3rd or 4th year students are familiar with Southern CA and could help me out (trying to find a preceptor, especially for geriatrics) please PM or email me. ...Also I may be able to help you find something in the DC area or Virginia if you're interested.

I'm not a pharm student yet, but I was looking through ISU's website and found a page with a list of preceptors in CA and other western states.

http://pharmacy.isu.edu/cgi-bin/clerkships/clerkships?listings=Other

I'm not sure if they take any pharmacy student for these rotations or if you have to be a student at ISU.

I hope this helps!