Rough Hands with Callouses from Lifting: Will this be an issue?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

brooklynyc

Full Member
7+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just like the title says. I have pretty rough hands hands due to lifting and now climbing/bouldering as well. I moisturize daily but there is no doubt my hands are rough.

Will this be an issue?
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
LOL I know the feeling. I also know PT's with rough hands so no worries. I'm a gym rat myself, but luckily my lifting gloves have saved my hands.
 
Yeah I have pretty roughed up hands from deadlifting as well. After you get out the shower, file them down and moisturize with cocoa butter/raw Shea butter. Works for me and others