"Round 2"

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

rahooligan

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
So with most of these rolling schools, it seems like that extend interviews in waves, first wave is there top applicants, second wave has lower applicants. At this point, I've pretty much settled that I must not be in that first wave, and am hoping that I have a chance in the second wave. Does anyone know when schools start sending out invitations for the second wave of interviews? Thanks.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When I interviewed at BU, they said that their second wave of interviews begins on 1/16, immediately after they announce the decisions from their first wave which has been going on all fall long. I would guess that this varies greatly from school to school.

When I interviewed at BU, they said that their second wave of interviews begins on 1/16, immediately after they announce the decisions from their first wave which has been going on all fall long. I would guess that this varies greatly from school to school.
Oooo there's hope for me! Yay!! I'm counting on you, February!!

no i did not post this question a few days ago, sorry about the confusion/repetition if this has been discussed recently.

that's really good to hear if second round hasn't necessarily gotten into full-swing yet, otherwise it was going to be a very cold december/january...

wait ... second round :confused:

Part of me dares to hope that I might still get an interview...but somehow I know I'm already down for the count (i like the boxing reference).

wait ... second round :confused:

Part of me dares to hope that I might still get an interview...but somehow I know I'm already down for the count (i like the boxing reference).

I think without any medical related exposure you pretty much doomed yourself from the get go, even if you had a 4.0 and 40mcat it would be pretty hard for the adcom to admit you. Nevertheless, don't give up hope on medicine, you can make major improvements to your application, and i bet you can get in.

I think without any medical related exposure you pretty much doomed yourself from the get go, even if you had a 4.0 and 40mcat it would be pretty hard for the adcom to admit you. Nevertheless, don't give up hope on medicine, you can make major improvements to your application, and i bet you can get in.

I'm just miffed at my adviser for telling me i wouldn't have any problems and that my application was competitive. Now he doesn't even answer an email. I think anyone would be a little sore if they got bad advice from someone they trusted and respected.

I'm just miffed at my adviser for telling me i wouldn't have any problems and that my application was competitive. Now he doesn't even answer an email. I think anyone would be a little sore if they got bad advice from someone they trusted and respected.
When did you get rejection from AMC? I finished my secondary end of august and still haven't heard anything from them. Does it mean I still have a chance?

Albany rejected me the saturday before last and SUNY downstate gave me the axe today.

Is there still hope? who knows...i thought i dodged the bullet when i saw the dates and names in the rejection thread but i guess it just took them awhile to mail it out.

Hope for the best...prepare for the worst.

or just hope and prepare for the worst and then regardless of the outcome you wont be disappointed

Just read your profile. Your adviser was not far off regarding the competitiveness of your app. Hang in there man. "Round 2" it is.

do u guys think theyll send out 2nd wave after xmas?

Round 2...FIGHT!

I thought this said round two for reapplicants...oh well

Phenol: It's never too late to get clinical exposure...see if you can shadow docs and start volunteering in a hospital (you're going to probably hate the latter and think its a waste of time, but at least you'll have something to write in update letters)

If the schools are on the fence about you maybe a clinical-exposure related update letter will sway them positively?

I thought this said round two for reapplicants...oh well

Phenol: It's never too late to get clinical exposure...see if you can shadow docs and start volunteering in a hospital (you're going to probably hate the latter and think its a waste of time, but at least you'll have something to write in update letters)

If the schools are on the fence about you maybe a clinical-exposure related update letter will sway them positively?

way ahead of you...waiting to hear back from the director of volunteering (tick tock tick tock)

way ahead of you...waiting to hear back from the director of volunteering (tick tock tick tock)

Yeh, I would recommend volunteering, as well as if you can, maybe take a couple extra classes to boost GPA. Thats what I did.