-
CycleTrack and SDN are teaming up to make medical school admissions more transparent and accessible! Read the announcement to learn how we’re supporting the future of CycleTrack’s free application-tracking tools .
You are using an out of date browser. It may not display this or other websites correctly.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
You should upgrade or use an alternative browser.
Royal Dick (Edinburgh) c/o 2025 Applicants
Started by fawna46
Get help with your application
Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.
I applied too, it's one of my top schools! I'm also an international applicant and haven't heard anything. I think the interviews that they have been doing are for their English applicants, especially the ones applying for the 5-year program (right from high school)? One of my friends also applied and hasn't heard anything yet either!Couldn't find a thread for Edinburgh/Royal Dick; has anyone applied and heard from them? I haven't heard a thing and I know interviews have already started. International applicant here; hope everyone's hanging in there this app szn! 🙂
When I toured the school last January (pre-COVID) they were preparing to leave for interviews in the States, that would have been the last week in January, so I think they won't be sending out invites until towards the end of December/beginning of January, especially if interviews are going to be remote this year? So I think we should be fine and hopefully should be hearing something after the holidays!
Despite this, I still check my emails 3902482 times a day... just in case 😆
Thanks for all the info!!! reassuring to hear but yes lol I will continue to refreshI applied too, it's one of my top schools! I'm also an international applicant and haven't heard anything. I think the interviews that they have been doing are for their English applicants, especially the ones applying for the 5-year program (right from high school)? One of my friends also applied and hasn't heard anything yet either!
When I toured the school last January (pre-COVID) they were preparing to leave for interviews in the States, that would have been the last week in January, so I think they won't be sending out invites until towards the end of December/beginning of January, especially if interviews are going to be remote this year? So I think we should be fine and hopefully should be hearing something after the holidays!
Despite this, I still check my emails 3902482 times a day... just in case 😆
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Just got an interview! Applied by UCAS though, so they might be scheduling interviews for UCAS-applicants earlier than VMCAS. At least things are happening!
YAY!!! CONGRATS TO YOU!Just got an interview! Applied by UCAS though, so they might be scheduling interviews for UCAS-applicants earlier than VMCAS. At least things are happening!
Well done, congrats! I applied via VMCAS and got an interview invite today too! Interview isn't until February 3rd though... so far away 😂Just got an interview! Applied by UCAS though, so they might be scheduling interviews for UCAS-applicants earlier than VMCAS. At least things are happening!
Last edited:
VMCAS applicant, just received an interview invite for January!
lunasoleil
New Member
VMCAS applicant, also got an interview today. Considering I am international, I was very pleasantly surprised.
Also a little late but VMCAS applicant here as well. Received an interview for 1/21/21 also on 12/11/20.Couldn't find a thread for Edinburgh/Royal Dick; has anyone applied and heard from them? I haven't heard a thing and I know interviews have already started. International applicant here; hope everyone's hanging in there this app szn! 🙂
Not 100% sure, but I have a feeling it was one big round. They may send out more depending on how many people accepted their interviews, but I think that that round got most, if not all, of everyone they wanted to interview.Do we know how many rounds of interview invites they typically send out? Or do we think that one big round was it on Dec. 11th?
ChelleShocked
New Member
Hey tdog101, I think they may send out more depending on how the currently booked interviews go. This website shows the currently booked dates and says that further dates will be released as soon as possible.Do we know how many rounds of interview invites they typically send out? Or do we think that one big round was it on Dec. 11th?
Edinburgh Interview
The aim of veterinary school selection is to select those with the best combination of aptitude for veterinary medicinal training and academic ability.
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
ChelleShocked
New Member
Congrats on the interview! Mine is the beginning of Feb. I think online interviewing is kinda neat, and the reduced travel is kinda nice. I am nervous and excited about what the additional skills tasks could be though given they are changing up the traditional MMI format!A little late, but VMCAS applicant here who also got an interview for the end of January!!! How is everyone feeling about the remote interviewing?
I have my interview on Jan 21 2021 and my reminder email said that I would also have to take an additional skills online test on Jan 25 2021. In this email they let me know that I will receive further information about this soon but that is the last I have heard.Has anyone received an email or is familiar about Additional Skills Task?
In preparation for my interview this Thursday, I was researching what type of questions they'll ask. On the website and in the e-mail they sent, they state that it will be MMI, with the interview "rooms" concerning Work Experience, Career Exploration and Awareness of being a Professional, and Awareness of Animal Welfare. Much of what I've researched on MMI's seem to be more situational or judgement-type interviews with one question, or prompt, being asked. However, the interview topics don't seem like this will be the case for the Edinburgh interview. Does anyone familiar with the process know if the MMI's will be more situational or more like three separate "traditional" interviews? Also, I know others have already asked this in the thread, but does anyone know what the additional skill task is or what it has been in the past?
I just had my interview; don't want to divulge details, but just make sure you review your own application and try not to stress! I know that's cliche but that's what I would tell past me 🙂 and no idea what the additional skill task is, they also don't give any details on thatIn preparation for my interview this Thursday, I was researching what type of questions they'll ask. On the website and in the e-mail they sent, they state that it will be MMI, with the interview "rooms" concerning Work Experience, Career Exploration and Awareness of being a Professional, and Awareness of Animal Welfare. Much of what I've researched on MMI's seem to be more situational or judgement-type interviews with one question, or prompt, being asked. However, the interview topics don't seem like this will be the case for the Edinburgh interview. Does anyone familiar with the process know if the MMI's will be more situational or more like three separate "traditional" interviews? Also, I know others have already asked this in the thread, but does anyone know what the additional skill task is or what it has been in the past?
I wasn't sure what to expect but it wasn't that! I'm afraid I might've fumbled with the calculations but we'll see...Man I was feeling great until after the additional skills test anyone else feel like it was pretty hard?
Man I was feeling great until after the additional skills test anyone else feel like it was pretty hard?
I actually thought it was a lot of fun! I have to do med calcs constantly at work so I hope I got them all right. It reminded me a lot of those "What is Your IQ" quizzes on like Buzzfeed. I never realized doing those quizzes in class when I'm bored would pay off! 😂I wasn't sure what to expect but it wasn't that! I'm afraid I might've fumbled with the calculations but we'll see...
Don't feel too bad, last year when I interviewed I was sure I forgot how to do basic long division (cause it had been a hot minute) and thought I messed up entirely. Alas, I got in and now I'm a first-year GEP student.Man I was feeling great until after the additional skills test anyone else feel like it was pretty hard?
do you mind me asking, how long did it take until you heard back about your acceptance? on their timeline they said for intl students they try to let interviewees know as soon as possible, but unclear whether that is a couple weeks or a month or two. Thanks! Hope you're enjoying Edinburgh 🙂Don't feel too bad, last year when I interviewed I was sure I forgot how to do basic long division (cause it had been a hot minute) and thought I messed up entirely. Alas, I got in and now I'm a first-year GEP student.
It was actually surprisingly soon, I interviewed on the 7th of Feb and they got back to me on the 21st so 2 weeks after my interview date. Thanks, trying my best to stay warm 😊do you mind me asking, how long did it take until you heard back about your acceptance? on their timeline they said for intl students they try to let interviewees know as soon as possible, but unclear whether that is a couple weeks or a month or two. Thanks! Hope you're enjoying Edinburgh 🙂
Hi guys, I'm an American 1st year GEP. I had my interview on February 14th of last year and was sent my acceptance email on the 21st, so your status emails should be coming soon. However, vet school admissions departments are notorious for giving a date to send out acceptances and then leaving everyone hanging. Take deep breaths and try not to give yourself a stress ulcer. I applied to 8 schools (7 in the states), and this was the only school that accepted me. Feel free to message me if you have any questions about the school or Edinburgh in general!
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
DictatoJam
New Member
Just received my acceptance!!!
Just received my acceptance!!!
Where did u apply from ?
DictatoJam
New Member
I applied through VMCAS for the 4-year graduate programWhere did u apply from ?
DictatoJam
New Member
I interviewed in late January so if you interviewed later then it might be coming in waves? I honestly have no idea though.
Also accepted this morning! Will more than likely be turning down my acceptance for UPenn though!
Hey guys,
I know that those of you that are accepting your seat here will have questions about bringing pets over. Here are some links with useful info on how to import your pet to the UK. There is no longer a quarantine period, but regulations are still tight.
An easy to read blog:
www.petrelocation.com
Step-by-step government guide:
www.gov.uk
I know that those of you that are accepting your seat here will have questions about bringing pets over. Here are some links with useful info on how to import your pet to the UK. There is no longer a quarantine period, but regulations are still tight.
An easy to read blog:
Moving a Pet to the UK: Requirements & Costs | PetRelocation | PetRelocation
Learn the current requirements to bring a dog or cat to the UK, including the 5-day rule, health certificates, tapeworm treatment, cargo options, and costs.
Step-by-step government guide:
Bring your pet to Great Britain: step by step - GOV.UK
Bring your pet to Great Britain - microchipping, pet passports, vaccinations
Got my rejection this morning. Honestly really surprised because I thought this was a target school for me.
Hi all! I've been reading through immigration sites, but am a bit confused. Does anyone know if being a student in the 4 year GE class on a student visa gives you the right to bring a spouse with you to Scotland (from the US). I'm having trouble understanding if studying for a vet degree would meet the requirements. If no one here has experienced bringing a spouse, I’ll reach out to immigration directly and post my findings 🙂.
Last edited:
Yellowknife95
Full Member
Please post your findings, I'm trying to being a spouse!Hi all! I've been reading through immigration sites, but am a bit confused. Does anyone know if being a student in the 4 year GE class on a student visa gives you the right to bring a spouse with you to Scotland (from the US). I'm having trouble understanding if studying for a vet degree would meet the requirements. If no one here has experienced bringing a spouse, I’ll reach out to immigration directly and post my findings 🙂.
Ilovemycats
Full Member
We asked earlier this year. Yes, you are allowed to bring your partner and dependent child(ren).
Hi, I have a few classmates that brought spouses. Basically, you will be studying under a Tier 4 Student Visa full-time for more than 9 months. This means you can bring a dependant (partner or child) with you. They just have to also apply for a Tier 4 Dependant Visa. I'll link both the government website and an easier-to-understand website with the proper information below. 🙂Hi all! I've been reading through immigration sites, but am a bit confused. Does anyone know if being a student in the 4 year GE class on a student visa gives you the right to bring a spouse with you to Scotland (from the US). I'm having trouble understanding if studying for a vet degree would meet the requirements. If no one here has experienced bringing a spouse, I’ll reach out to immigration directly and post my findings 🙂.
Government:
Student visa
Apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you're 16 or over - eligibility, extend or switch your visa, how much it costs and how long it takes
Easy reading:
UK Student Visa Guide (2026 Update)
All international students who want to study in the UK for more than six months must apply for a UK Student visa (previously known as the Tier 4 visa). This visa is designed for full-time study at a licensed UK institution and generally applies to undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral...
www.studying-in-uk.org
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Thank you so so much!!!Hi, I have a few classmates that brought spouses. Basically, you will be studying under a Tier 4 Student Visa full-time for more than 9 months. This means you can bring a dependant (partner or child) with you. They just have to also apply for a Tier 4 Dependant Visa. I'll link both the government website and an easier-to-understand website with the proper information below. 🙂
Government:
![]()
Student visa
Apply for a Student visa to study in the UK if you're 16 or over - eligibility, extend or switch your visa, how much it costs and how long it takeswww.gov.uk
Easy reading:
![]()
UK Student Visa Guide (2026 Update)
All international students who want to study in the UK for more than six months must apply for a UK Student visa (previously known as the Tier 4 visa). This visa is designed for full-time study at a licensed UK institution and generally applies to undergraduate, postgraduate, and doctoral...www.studying-in-uk.org
No problem! Feel free to message me directly for anything, and I'll do my best to answer any questions. The immigration process is not super straightforward in a normal year, and it has been made even slower and less user-friendly since COVID.Thank you so so much!!!
DictatoJam
New Member
Does anyone know if the GEP is eligible for grad PLUS loans, I for the life of me can't figure out if it does?
I was eligible when I applied to school. So, unless they changed something, you should be.Does anyone know if the GEP is eligible for grad PLUS loans, I for the life of me can't figure out if it does
horsescatsndogsohmy
Full Member
Hi all! I'm seriously considering my offer to start this fall, but obviously nervous about moving somewhere I've not been able to visit. Does anyone know about finding housing as a US citizen? Do they allow cosigning leases if your parents are in the states? I also have a dog I am hoping to bring (thanks for the links!!). I'd appreciate all the help and info I can get!