Royal Dick (Edinburgh) c/o 2025 Applicants

Started by fawna46
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hi all! I'm seriously considering my offer to start this fall, but obviously nervous about moving somewhere I've not been able to visit. Does anyone know about finding housing as a US citizen? Do they allow cosigning leases if your parents are in the states? I also have a dog I am hoping to bring (thanks for the links!!). I'd appreciate all the help and info I can get!
A lot of students I know got Uni accommodation for the first year but are now moving out into private accommodations and are looking at bringing their pets over for the rest of their studies. I know as an international student I can use my parents as guarantors for my lease and then pay the first and last months rent down but it depends on the rental company. Some of my classmates found private renters their first year and also brought their pets over but it was a lot of paperwork and searching to find a landlord willing. If you say you're a veterinary student it could help as you're seen as more responsible than the 18-year-olds at Uni over here.
 
How enforced is the pitbull ban in edinburgh? Is it similar to here, where as long as it doesn't say "pit" on vet paperwork, you can find housing with some searching? Looking online, it seems like they look at the dogs at the airport and take them if they look pitty or they get reported later on. My dog is a mix but I don't know how prominent the features of a pit have to be to classify him as that
 
So, my dog is also a pitt mix. I decided not to bring him for his own safety. He is an incredibly well-mannered quiet boy, but all it takes is one person reporting him barking for something bad to happen. He has a blocky head and that's about it, but as a dog brought in from another country I worry he would be at higher risk. It's up to your discretion, but I would be very cautious. It's a stupid law, and you will see some pitt mixes on the streets with their owners, but they regulate pretty hard during the importation process.
 
Hi lovely people here,
I just got my interview invitation today, and I'm wondering what kind of questions did you get in your additional skilled task? I saw the responses in this thread that some people need to calculate the medication and others have questions similar to IQ tests? Does anyone remember what type of additional skilled task they got?

Please help, I'm really stressed about how to prepare for it!

Thanks in advance🙂,
helpless international applicant from Australia