RPH of Rite aid sold to Walgreens , do you need to reapply or just directly transfer?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

walgreen123

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am in the process of requesting transfer from CA to MA within Walgreens, but haven't had any luck since it's pretty saturated in MA. Just got a notice of a RPH manager opening ad in a Walgreen in MA, but it's not on Walgreen website. I searched and found out it was a Rite Aid to Walgreens. Is this just an administration step for the transfer or is this a real opening? Not really want to become a manager, but if that's the only way to get a job, I will have to apply. Thanks

Members don't see this ad.

You should apply and call the boss directly (call the store for DM number). Sometimes the store will give it to you or an email. Tell him that you already submitted an application.

Speaking as someone who job-searched in MA, it's probably administrative formalities though Momus is right that it doesn't hurt to call.

Walgreens has been hiring basically zero pharmacists for the past year, and in fact many floater pharmacists were displaced after the Rite Aid purchase.

I am in the process of requesting transfer from CA to MA within Walgreens, but haven't had any luck since it's pretty saturated in MA. Just got a notice of a RPH manager opening ad in a Walgreen in MA, but it's not on Walgreen website. I searched and found out it was a Rite Aid to Walgreens. Is this just an administration step for the transfer or is this a real opening? Not really want to become a manager, but if that's the only way to get a job, I will have to apply. Thanks
I'm part of a Rite Aid -> Walgreens store. We're kind of put in a folder on our own. We're Walgreens employees but we're operating under Rite Aid cloned software. So I'm not sure if they would allow you to go into a store with a completely different operating system.