RPh Salary In Managed Care Organizations

Started by riskhk
This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

riskhk

Senior Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Anyone know where to look or what is the starting salary for a management position in managed care (PBM; Health Plan)? Just finished residency and currently in negotiations. Trying to get a ballpark figure and all the websites I googled only showed community and hospital pharmacy.

Thanks :laugh:

K
 
Do you have to have a residency to work in this industry? How did you get started or get to the hiring process?
 
Residency in health plan. It's hard to get in unless either a) you know someone or b) you start out at the bottom (mail order, call center, prior authorizations)

Anyone?


KL
 
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
From what I have seen, you wouldn't be considered for management until you had amassed several years of experience in other positions.

Starting salaries from what I have heard would be $10-$20K less than in retail. Other posts may have information from better sources though.
 
Momrowgal
Most managed care positions you start out as manager/director. There really is no entry level managed care position that is clinical.
I'm being offered slightly above community pharmacy not including bonus. I've been hearing different ranges and do not want to negotiate to an arena that may be unreasonable.
 
I am currently doing a rotation at a managed care place. I really like it here, the office is nice and everyone is really chill. Not sure about salaries but someone speculated that the director of the department I am in is making like 150k but this is not really based on anything other than starting at normal pharm level 100k and then several promotions.