RR biochem

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

surprisedgirl

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
for tohse of you that have used it, do you think it's possible to get through in a day (a long one)? and do you recommend it?

Members don't see this ad.

I read it over two days while studying for an exam in class (devoted about half of each day to reading it so equivalent to a full day). I read lippincotts about 2 months ago and annotated my FA with it so I only read RR Biochem to refresh my memory and fill in any gaps. It's a good book and if I could do it over again I wouldn't have even touched lippincotts. If you're reviewing biochem for the first time, it might take two or three days to really absorb it. Also, the FA Biochem section is horrible and you're going to have to annotate it like crazy to make it more understandable.

Also, this question is for anyone who has a better understanding of how biochem is tested on boards. I reviewed biochem and made a real good effort to understand all the pathways, how everything is interrelated and regulated. After doing a lot of questions in biochem it almost seems like they don't care about that. Most questions are just about some stupid enzyme defect where you just regurgitate info from some list of diseases you memorized, a single pathway that goes wrong, or a missing vitamin. Is this how simple the biochem questions are on the boards?

hey surprisedgirl :)
if you have forgotten biochem, it will take 2 solid days to get thru RR biochem, but it can be done.............I personally loved it because goljan (one of the authors) really integrates disciplines across the board...........helped me connect the dots as it were

I guess the best thing to do would be to pick up RR biochem in ur school bookstore, read a random chapter and see how you like it

good luck :)
Knight