rRNA and tRNA synthesis

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mistero

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I am a little confused about rRNA and tRNA synthesis.

Is it still called transcription when the DNA is changed to these types of RNA?
Also, is there an mRNA intermediate or does it go straight from DNA to rRNA and tRNA?

Help would be greatly appreciated.

Members don't see this ad.

As far as I know, during transcription, three different rna produced. Correct me if i am wrong.

Yes I 'd agree with atlanta 213. There are 3 rna involved in transcription, mrna-trna-rrna. I am not sure about the function of Rrna though? anyone?

Yes I 'd agree with atlanta 213. There are 3 rna involved in transcription, mrna-trna-rrna. I am not sure about the function of Rrna though? anyone?

rRNA is ribsomal RNA that attaches to some proteins outside the nucleus forming the small and large rRNA subunits that collectively make up ONE ribosome which would be the site of translation.

rRNA is ribsomal RNA that attaches to some proteins outside the nucleus forming the small and large rRNA subunits that collectively make up ONE ribosome which would be the site of translation.

Incase it pops up on your DAT, inside the nucleus rRNA combines with proteins of the cytoplasm to make small + large ribosome.