RSCI Info.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

Wandaa

10+ Year Member
5+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
hey everyone, i'm just trying to get some info about RCSI. does anyone know about how many students are in the entering class at RCSI? i haven't been able to get any info about this. thanks a lot.

Members don't see this ad.

Wandaa said:
hey everyone, i'm just trying to get some info about RCSI. does anyone know about how many students are in the entering class at RCSI? i haven't been able to get any info about this. thanks a lot.

Well the pre-med class is usually about 150 people
and the 1st med class totals to about 250... mind you this includes the malayasians who have to return back to malayasian after their 3rd med. reducing the class to about 200. Which in my mind is still pretty big.. oh well.

wow 250! that sounds like a lot. is the class divided into groups or is there one large lecture theatre?

on another note, what size is the ibook you get (seems like a funny question but i have a carrying case that i'm wondering if i should bring).

thanks!

Members don't see this ad :)
All your lectures will be in O' flanagan lecture theatre for the 1st 21/2 yrs 11/2 if you're exemp. The class is broken up into groups for some things but lectures are all together.

The ibook is the one with the 15" screen.

Hope that makes things clearer.

^ did you mean to say that the lectures are shown using mIRC, on the 15" iBook?

sunny123 said:
^ did you mean to say that the lectures are shown using mIRC, on the 15" iBook?

You get a 12 inch ibook, first of the conveyor belt for that year. This means that they are the latest but also means that they are quite buggy.

You also get a carry case.

In third med you get a PDA usually palm based. The latest ones at the time.

all of this carries a mandatory IT charge which is included in your fees.

They used to give offers on printers/insurance but thats stopped now (I think)

Lectures are given in class, lecture notes are available through the intranet. PM me for more info

Wandaa said:
wow 250! that sounds like a lot. is the class divided into groups or is there one large lecture theatre?

on another note, what size is the ibook you get (seems like a funny question but i have a carrying case that i'm wondering if i should bring).

thanks!

The iBook should be the least of your worries. Go to Trinity or UCD and you should just about have enough money to buy an iBook yourself, with the 50,000 Euros you'll save over the next 5 years.

Jammer said:
The iBook should be the least of your worries. Go to Trinity or UCD and you should just about have enough money to buy an iBook yourself, with the 50,000 Euros you'll save over the next 5 years.

I agree .... the education you get in ireland is generally based upon how much you put into it no matter where you go . (I think that's part of the reason for the mixed reviews people are getting)

leorl said:
To be honest, I think medicine Anywhere you go, regardless of country or system, is about getting out of it what you put into it.

Success not only depends on what you put into it, but it also depends on the support that you get from your colleagues and mentors. As in the case of RCSI, when your medical school fails to provide the proper resources (i.e., teaching and information) and support, and insists on maintaining the 'status quo', making sure that people who aspire to achieve more than is required are prevented from doing so, then your intellectual and personal growth is stunted. Worse, your morale is diminished. In this situation, you will rarely get what you put in. And even if you reach your goal, you will feel that the journey didn't have to be that way; a journey of lies deception and decietfulness.

"; a journey of lies deception and decietfulness" harsh ......; :)

r3boot said:
"; a journey of lies deception and decietfulness" harsh ......; :)

Not harsh, but dead accurate.

Jammer said:
Not harsh, but dead accurate.

Jammer, Can you elaborate on what you mean about RCSI being full of 'lies and deceit' etc