Rsearch Programs for school leavers...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

The Phoenix

Full Member
10+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
I just finished school and I'm waiting for my final exam results to comeout in about 4 months.

Are there any good research programs which I can take part in till my results are out?
 
Four months? Wow, that's a long wait. What do you mean by finished school? Graduated undergrad, i.e. with bachelors?

In any case, there are plenty of great places to do research out there. Since I don't know where you are, or anything about that area, I don't really know how anyone else can help. Do a search for research programs, probably at a grad school or medical research facility. Other than that, there is industry-type research.

However, if you are looking for a paid job, I don't know if many people are hiring for short term (less than 4 months) right now. Summer would be good time to get ~3mos in.

If you just want the experience, then see what's around you and find a lab you're interested in. Email/Call them to ask if you could be an intern/volunteer in their lab for a while. Good experience, and they'll likely say yes because it's free hours for them.
 
school=highschool

I'm from Srilanka and I think country doesn't matter much since there seems no proper research facilities in here. 🙂

And, I do not expect a pay, just to get experience.