RU Newark/New Brunswick MBS VS Rowan MBS

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Get help with your application

Use all the free resources available to you from SDN: articles, guides, expert advising, forums discussions, and school research.

LeQuackittyQuack

New Member
5+ Year Member
Advertisement - Members don't see this ad
Hello all!

I completed my undergrad in 2014 & after graduating became interested in pursuing medical school. I have a low undergrad GPA (3.0) and an even lower science GPA (this I'm not positive of the actual final number as I don't believe I have been able to calculate it accurately but it is between the 2.4-2.8 range). I have plenty of shadowing and clinical hours under my belt and am currently just focusing on the academic portion of my portfolio. My plan is to take a master's program and hopefully do extremely well there to help open some possible doors for me. I took several undergrad classes in summer and fall of 2018 to refresh myself and bolster my transcript/applications and did very well. I have no yet taken the MCAT.

I applied to 3 biomedical sciences master's programs for Fall 2019 (Rutgers Newark, Rutgers New Brunswick, and Rowan). I am a NJ resident so all the programs would be instate tuition. I haven't heard from all of the programs but I have been accepted into the Rutgers Newark MBS so far. I was wondering if anyone could speak on the behalf of these programs or lend an opinion as to which program may be the best/strongest program to attend for someone in my position, as well as maybe possible pros & cons of each program.

I am considering aspects like location/living expenses, transportation (public transport, walk to class, etc), program curriculum/strength, and associations with schools (if there is another aspect that you'd like to add, I'd be happy to hear your thoughts!)