Rush Medical College Class of 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did you guys take a look at the Financial Aid Award offer? Did anyone get anything interesting or unusual?

What do you mean by interesting or unusual? I got mine last week and i got loans and grants...

Members don't see this ad.

Hi there. I have been searching through the Rush website for this information, but the site is so incredibly convoluted, it's a bit difficult to find it. Does anyone know what the new curriculum will be like?

I hate to say it, but the Rush website is pretty useless to students. Your best bet would be e-mailing someone in the dean's office to inquire about the new curriculum. When I was accepted, I got a phone call from Dr. Jacob, and she was like, if you have an questions, let us know. Real nice lady. So shot them an e-mail. That being said, they may not have worked it all out yet, so their reply may not be as informative as you want. But it's a new method, and school doesn't start until September, so 4 months from now. I doubt the finishing touches have been done yet.

I was just curious that if in addition to recorded lectures for each class, does rush also has verbatim notes for each class? Thanks!

Do you mean a written transcript of the lectures? No. They do provide you with syllabuses which are your course notes.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know whether Rush will still give exams during an exam week(s), or will exams be dispersed throughout the year?

Grants sound good. Where they grants given by the school or outside organizations? Did you apply for those grants?

What do you mean by interesting or unusual? I got mine last week and i got loans and grants...

Grants sound good. Where they grants given by the school or outside organizations? Did you apply for those grants?

yeah, I got one grant through the school for $11,000. It was called the Rush Medical College grant and I did not have to apply for it, it just turned up in my financial aid package.

Last edited:
yeah, I got one grant through the school for $11,000. It was called the Rush Medical College grant and I did not have to apply for it, it just turned up in my financial aid package.

Did you also get any institutional loans? Or just the Stafford/GradPlus loans?

Did you also get any institutional loans? Or just the Stafford/GradPlus loans?

I did, I got one RMC Loan for about $5 grand, and a fed perkins, but the vast majority of loans they gave me are stafford.

Hey everyone... Congrats to all those accepted to Rush. I received my letter in January and found about this site recentely. Anyone attending the "Second Look" on Friday?

I'll be there! I'm excited to be checking out the school again, without the stress of the looming interview.

Oh I definitely know what you mean... I wasn't paying too much attention that day- all I could think about were my two interviews...

I will be coming too!! I am really excited to learn more about rush!

so i called the financial aid office and they told me that once the semester starts, if there is additional grant money left over, students are reassessed and might end up receiving extra aid.

for current students . . . what is your experience with this? do a lot of people get more, or not really? i am trying to compare to UIC . . . they are cheaper upfront, but with their probable tuition increase and the fact that they probably won't give me any assistance besides loans- well, they are starting to look pretty comparable.

if any current students also want to chime in on why Rush is worth the few extra bucks . . . i am all ears :)

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm an M2, last year a couple times over the course of the year I was contacted by financial aid that more money freed up and they converted portions of my unsub Stafford loans to grants so yes it does happen. FYI, UIC charges for the summers between 3rd and 4th year so take that cost into consideration. Yeah Rush aint cheap but they definitely don't make our lives hard and that's a great plus. For those of you who are attending 2nd look, be sure to ask any questions of the students who will be around, they will be the best source of information. We have all been in your shoes.

Last edited:
Hey, so I've finally made my decision and I'm going to be attending Rush in the fall, however I'm starting to get to figure out my housing situation, and I would like to live off campus with a roommate. The problem is 1: I'm OOS so I can't afford to go out to Chicago again purely as a housing search trip and 2: I need a roommate.

If there's anyone out there who's looking for a roommate, let me know and we'll see if it works out. The only thing that I am a stickler about is cleanliness, so I'd like to have someone who shares that.

Thanks and I'm excited to meet 'yall come orientation!

Jordan (I'm a guy)

Hey, so I've finally made my decision and I'm going to be attending Rush in the fall, however I'm starting to get to figure out my housing situation, and I would like to live off campus with a roommate. The problem is 1: I'm OOS so I can't afford to go out to Chicago again purely as a housing search trip and 2: I need a roommate.

If there's anyone out there who's looking for a roommate, let me know and we'll see if it works out. The only thing that I am a stickler about is cleanliness, so I'd like to have someone who shares that.

Thanks and I'm excited to meet 'yall come orientation!

Jordan (I'm a guy)

all right! i talked you into it! (just kidding)

(in case you didn't realize it, i'm the chick who was sitting next to you @ the marriott thing.) random, huh?

see you in fall! :D

Orientation begins on September 1, but classes begin on September 7th

Hello to all the wonderful people in the Rush Medical College class of 2014! I was accepted back in March, but I haven't done any online searching for other members of the class until now....and I found this! I live in Hawaii, but I am from Park Ridge, a suburb about 30 minutes from the city. I am very very excited to be starting school again in the fall (I graduated UIUC in 2007). I am currently looking for an apartment, maybe one in Center Court. Does anyone have any suggestions, or any advice about living in the city?

Thanks, and I look forward to seeing all of you!

ALoha,
Brittany

Ha! I am moving up from Florida too - where did you do your undergrad?

Did you guys submit your final transcripts yet? I don't remember seeing any e-mails or papers asking for them. I just want to make sure I didn't miss anything.

I saw a note about transcripts in the facebook group, so I went ahead and sent mine. Unless you're waiting on a distinction or change to show up, I'd go ahead and do it. Its one less thing to worry about :)

Along those lines, though, besides the immunization paperwork, transcripts, and financial aid, is there anything else we need to submit before orientation? I'm about to leave the country for a month, and want to make sure I don't get jacked and kicked out of med school before I even start...

Looking for 2 future M2 Females to share a 3 bedroom in Wicker Park for August 1st move in. Garage or street parking, no pets, clean, close 2 Metra, 90/94, and Blue Line. Please PM if interested.

Last edited: