Program-Specific Info / Q's RUSH OTD cycle 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

newOTDgrad2024

2+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi all! I sent my application to RUSH in early September but haven't gotten anything from them besides a confirmation that they received my application. Has anyone heard back from RUSH at all regarding interviews?

Members don't see this ad.

I haven't heard anything, but the information packet I received says that they invite for interviews starting in "late November".

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi!
I just got an interview confirmation for late November. I am a little worried because it is 3 hours long! Anyone else in the same boat?

Hi!
I just got an interview confirmation for late November. I am a little worried because it is 3 hours long! Anyone else in the same boat?
Hello,
Yes! I am in the same boat. I think a large portion of the interview will be informational, because I went to another 3 hour one and that's how it was structured. The thing that makes me nervous is the group interview part! Good luck :)

Hi @OTMaria1896,
I believe I submitted my application on 9/10/20. Hope that helps and that you do hear back soon! The wait is so stressful.

Hi! I also got the interview invite, the 3 hours is gonna be a long Zoom call! I submitted on 9/14.

what kind of question did they ask? was it individual or group? i also just received an interview for January

It was a group interview, so definitely read up on what those can be like. Good luck in January!!

Reactions: 1 users
Hi! Did anyone get their acceptance to Rush and is considering attending? I'd love to connect!

Hi! Did anyone get their acceptance to Rush and is considering attending? I'd love to connect!
Hi wannabeOT2021! Were applicants asked individual questions during the group interview, or did you have to try to jump in to answer?

Everyone was asked the same questions and they make sure everyone gets a chance to answer! It was much more relaxed than I initially thought it would be.
Thank you! I’m happy to hear that it was more relaxed than you expected. I feel better now!

Members don't see this ad :)
May I ask when you received the info packet? Also kinda wonder if there was useful information in the packet? I haven't got anything since I submitted my application!
Hi harleyleo!

I would email them if I were you. I believe they’ve either concluded or will be concluding their interview process soon!

Good luck!

May I ask when you received the info packet? Also kinda wonder if there was useful information in the packet? I haven't got anything since I submitted my application!
I think the info packet was given out during/after one of their information sessions. I missed them, but I connected with someone at admissions who sent it over to me. I got an invitation to interview about 2 weeks after I submitted my application in December. Their last interview date (don't quote me on this) is next week.

I think the info packet was given out during/after one of their information sessions. I missed them, but I connected with someone at admissions who sent it over to me. I got an invitation to interview about 2 weeks after I submitted my application in December. Their last interview date (don't quote me on this) is next week.
I interview on March 12th and I i submitted mine back in September

I interview on March 12th and I i submitted mine back in September
Ohh okay! Yeah, I wasn't positive which is why I didn't want anyone to quote me on that haha. Good luck!

Last edited:
I dont interview until March 12th! Is it your top school?
That’s so late! I thought they you’ll be done with interviews by February. Good luck ! It’s my top school, I’m from Illinois but also applied to out of state schools as a back up

I have my interview for Rush on Friday. Any advice for the group interview portion? What were some sample questions that they asked?

I have my interview for Rush on Friday. Any advice for the group interview portion? What were some sample questions that they asked?
I don't remember specific questions, but make sure you know why you're choosing Rush and how your skills will make you a good OT. Good luck!

Reactions: 3 users
do you mind sharing your stats?
My stats aren’t great but not horrible. 3.0 gpa and pre req gpa. GRE about 285 with writing at 4.5. But I have over 200 shadowing hours and I also had a job as a rehab tech. I also retook classes to boost my pre req grades to A’s

My stats aren’t great but not horrible. 3.0 gpa and pre req gpa. GRE about 285 with writing at 4.5. But I have over 200 shadowing hours and I also had a job as a rehab tech. I also retook classes to boost my pre req grades to A’s
good enough to land an interview, give yourself credit ! Congrats on getting this far. Is it a top school for you?

Hi all ! I was accepted into Rush as of 2/24 . Was anyone else accepted for fall 2021?

YAY! Congrats. I haven't met anyone else that has been accepted. I just put down my deposit and paid for the background check last week.
Same! Im hoping that they will send a groupme link or something so we can all start connecting.

Hi! Do you know how many people are in the FB group? I have an interview next week and just want an idea of how many potential seats are left in the program.
based off one of my recent emails from RUSH and the attached students added, it looks like so far maybe about 25-26 students are already confirmed but there's other people who have been granted acceptance who haven't put down a deposit yet who isn't included in that number. Good luck!

based off one of my recent emails from RUSH and the attached students added, it looks like so far maybe about 25-26 students are already confirmed but there's other people who have been granted acceptance who haven't put down a deposit yet who isn't included in that number. Good luck!
Thank you, and huge congrats to you!!

Also, do you have any tips for the interview? I know other people have mentioned questions like "Why Rush and why OT" but was wondering if you have any insight!

Hi! Do you know how many people are in the FB group? I have an interview next week and just want an idea of how many potential seats are left in the program.
There is 12 in the group as of now

Also, do you have any tips for the interview? I know other people have mentioned questions like "Why Rush and why OT" but was wondering if you have any insight!
For me the interview was super chill. This is probably what everyone is telling you but just sell yourself. I was freaking out when I did my first one for a different school but they are trying to make you choose their school just as much as you are trying to sell yourself so dont forget that!