Program-Specific Info / Q's RUSH OTD cycle 2020-2021

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
nope nobody is really talking, me and this other girl introduced ourselves but other than that its quiet
you should start a group me and have the ladies provide you their names for the group me.

Members don't see this ad.

Hi! Do you know how many people are in the FB group? I have an interview next week and just want an idea of how many potential seats are left in the program.
When I spoke to admissions, it sounded like the accept a pretty consistent percentage of interviewees from each interview date, so everyone should have a relatively even chance, regardless of when they interviewed! From my understanding, they wouldn't get to the last interview date and only have like, one spot available if that makes sense. You can always reach out to admissions directly, Michelle is incredibly approachable, helpful, and seems to know the OT department like the back of her hand haha

When I spoke to admissions, it sounded like the accept a pretty consistent percentage of interviewees from each interview date, so everyone should have a relatively even chance, regardless of when they interviewed! From my understanding, they wouldn't get to the last interview date and only have like, one spot available if that makes sense. You can always reach out to admissions directly, Michelle is incredibly approachable, helpful, and seems to know the OT department like the back of her hand haha
Thanks so much! That was very helpful information. Will you be attending Rush?

Members don't see this ad :)
I agree, Michelle has been extremely helpful as well as Bridget for me throughout the while application process. Good luck !

Reactions: 1 user
I was waitlisted, so not sure! haha
Congrats on making it that far!! I wonder how likely it is to get off the waitlist? I have not been accepted anywhere as of right now so I'm really hoping for some good news from Rush

Congrats on making it that far!! I wonder how likely it is to get off the waitlist? I have not been accepted anywhere as of right now so I'm really hoping for some good news from Rush
Thank you!! I'm honestly not sure. It sounds like everything about this application year is weird, from admissions to acceptances. If I'm not mistaken, Rush has a ranked waitlist so it's pretty much out of my hands at this point! Good luck to you!

Hey all! Has anyone heard from the Rush about final decisions for admission into the program? I interviewed on March 12th and was told we would hear back at the end of this week but haven’t gotten anything yet

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey all! Has anyone heard from the Rush about final decisions for admission into the program? I interviewed on March 12th and was told we would hear back at the end of this week but haven’t gotten anything yet
Hi! I also interviewed then and am constantly refreshing my emails! I haven’t heard anything yet. Did you email them or anything?

Hi! I also interviewed then and am constantly refreshing my emails! I haven’t heard anything yet. Did you email them or anything?
The wait has been super nerve racking! A friend told me acceptances and denials have been sent out and that if you haven't heard back yet it likely means you're waitlisted but I'm not sure how true that is. I was hoping someone here may have heard back because I expected all decisions to be sent out this week even if you are waitlisted. Have you talked to anyone in admissions?

The wait has been super nerve racking! A friend told me acceptances and denials have been sent out and that if you haven't heard back yet it likely means you're waitlisted but I'm not sure how true that is. I was hoping someone here may have heard back because I expected all decisions to be sent out this week even if you are waitlisted. Have you talked to anyone in admissions?
I agree! I haven’t emailed anyone because I figured they wouldn’t see it until Monday at this point :/ I was definitely expecting everyone to hear at the same time, regardless of status, but that could be the case. I would be kinda bummed to be waitlisted because it doesn’t seem to be super promising as a school with so many applicants. What are your thoughts on that?

I agree! I haven’t emailed anyone because I figured they wouldn’t see it until Monday at this point :/ I was definitely expecting everyone to hear at the same time, regardless of status, but that could be the case. I would be kinda bummed to be waitlisted because it doesn’t seem to be super promising as a school with so many applicants. What are your thoughts on that?
Ah yeah that's fair, I'd say reach out on Monday though because I for sure will be too. I'm hoping the admissions committee just got delayed going through applications or something. I would be bummed too tbh, Rush is my top school. But on the brighter side, the waitlist is ranked according to how well you performed in your interview and your overall application which is reviewed after so I'd say if you feel good about those you still have a good chance of getting accepted. I remember Michelle also saying that Rush usually gets through the entire waitlist by Fall but idk how different this year will be since they said they interviewed more students

Ah yeah that's fair, I'd say reach out on Monday though because I for sure will be too. I'm hoping the admissions committee just got delayed going through applications or something. I would be bummed too tbh, Rush is my top school. But on the brighter side, the waitlist is ranked according to how well you performed in your interview and your overall application which is reviewed after so I'd say if you feel good about those you still have a good chance of getting accepted. I remember Michelle also saying that Rush usually gets through the entire waitlist by Fall but idk how different this year will be since they said they interviewed more students
That’s a good call. And I’m right there with ya! I don’t really have a backup plan school wise so I’m needing a miracle lol. Thank you for your insight. It definitely helped to talked to someone in the same boat!

That’s a good call. And I’m right there with ya! I don’t really have a backup plan school wise so I’m needing a miracle lol. Thank you for your insight. It definitely helped to talked to someone in the same boat!
I feel you, no worries! At this point the way I see it is either it works out or it doesn't, I've done everything that could be done up until this point so no point in stressing over something out of my hands now, even if it does suck to not know. I'll keep you posted on here tho with updates as I get them, hoping we both get good news soon! :)

I feel you, no worries! At this point the way I see it is either it works out or it doesn't, I've done everything that could be done up until this point so no point in stressing over something out of my hands now, even if it does suck to not know. I'll keep you posted on here tho with updates as I get them, hoping we both get good news soon! :)
I got an email this morning about being waitlisted! I feel like that doesn’t change anything which is a bummer, but like you said, we’ve done everything we can! What are your plans moving forward?

I got an email this morning about being waitlisted! I feel like that doesn’t change anything which is a bummer, but like you said, we’ve done everything we can! What are your plans moving forward?

I’m waitlisted too! Yeah it’s definitely not the update I wanted either but there’s still hope, plus Rush is a top school so props for making it this far. My plan from the start has been to take a year off and reapply next cycle if I don’t get into Rush, wbu?

I’m waitlisted too! Yeah it’s definitely not the update I wanted either but there’s still hope, plus Rush is a top school so props for making it this far. My plan from the start has been to take a year off and reapply next cycle if I don’t get into Rush, wbu?
Definitely deserve a pat on the back! And your plan sounds good. I'm on the waitlist for one other school, and then have been rejected from all my others haha, so it's really just a waiting game at this point. This past year was my "gap year" so I'm really not sure what I'll do if I don't get off the waitlist for either of those. I briefly thought about an OTA Program, but it wasn't something I was crazy about. Though waiting another year to start a program was not in my original plans, it may be what happens.