Program-Specific Info / Q's Rush OTD interviews

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

OTapp18

5+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey folks!

I wanted to start a thread to connect with those who have already or are going to interview at Rush. I’m looking forward to meeting you all!

I’ll be at the Jan. 8th Interview.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hi! I interviewed December 8th! It is not too stressful as far as interviews go, a half an hour group interview. Good luck!

Hi! It was really a great experience. You get a bunch of different presentations and the interview itself is a few other people and yourself in a room with the interviewer. It felt more like a group discussion than an interview for sure. Good luck!! Truly a great program

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi! It was really a great experience. You get a bunch of different presentations and the interview itself is a few other people and yourself in a room with the interviewer. It felt more like a group discussion than an interview for sure. Good luck!! Truly a great program
Thanks for your reply! I'm stoked to go. How many people were at the interview you attended?

Thanks for your reply! I'm stoked to go. How many people were at the interview you attended?
30 in each group, 4 groups! They take 3-4 people from each interview right away (like a week later) and then the rest hear in February!

30 in each group, 4 groups! They take 3-4 people from each interview right away (like a week later) and then the rest hear in February!
Wow! So the interview portion was with with 30 other people?! or they just split you up for the entire event?

Wow! So the interview portion was with with 30 other people?! or they just split you up for the entire event?
Thirty people and they split you up into smaller groups of about 5 for the interview. Sorry didn’t clarify!

Any ideas on what kind of questions were asked? This is my first year applying and im still debating whether to accept the interview or not! It makes me a little nervous since Im not entirely sure what to expect from this group interview if I do decide to go.

Hey all!

I'll be at the January 15th interview. Anyone who is a current student or previously interviewed have any tips? I'm a little nervous as this is my first ever interview for OT school.

Good luck everyone!!

Anyone from the 1/8 Interview year back yet? Hope those who were there or at the 1/15 Interview enjoyed it!

I interviewed on 1/17, found out yesterday that I am on their waitlist. Anyone know any stats regarding their waitlist?

I interviewed on 1/17, found out yesterday that I am on their waitlist. Anyone know any stats regarding their waitlist?
Hey! I found out on Wednesday that I’m in the waitlist also. I have a call with Molly this week to find out more info- I can report back here.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey! I found out on Wednesday that I’m in the waitlist also. I have a call with Molly this week to find out more info- I can report back here.
That's great to hear! Yes, please let us know what you find out!

Reactions: 1 user
That's great to hear! Yes, please let us know what you find out!
So it sounds like folks at the top of the waitlist may hear anytime between next week and the next 2 months if there is enough movement. As expected nothing for sure :/

Reactions: 1 users
Hey guys! I made a Facebook group for future otd students if anyone would like to join! Just a place to give tips to each other throughout the whole process. Just look up Pre- Doctor of Occupational Therapy Students on Facebook and you should see the group:)