Rush vs. Loyola??

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

izumi

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have been accepted at both Rush and Loyola, and I am having a very hard time deciding between the two. Academically, I think they are very similar and that is the reason I am having a hard time deciding. Any suggestions anyone???

My impressions so far:

Loyola - Great facilities, people seem friendly, good class schedule with plenty of time to study

Rush - In the city (I live in Chicago and am not moving to Maywood even if I attend Loyola), rotations through Cook County, good network in Chicago, but 9-5 classes (even though almost no one goes to every class)

Are any of these perceptions right/wrong? What are other people's impressions and why? Has anyone had to decide between the two, and if so, why did you choose one over the other? -- Better clinical experience? Better residency placement? Better training overall and preparation for life beyond medical school?

Please help! The clock is ticking...

Members don't see this ad.

Both the schools are about the same. You need to figure out where you'd be happier. You won't be any more better off by going to one than the other.