izumi

15+ Year Member
Mar 1, 2004
IL
Status (Visible)
I have been accepted at both Rush and Loyola, and I am having a very hard time deciding between the two. Academically, I think they are very similar and that is the reason I am having a hard time deciding. Any suggestions anyone???

My impressions so far:

Loyola - Great facilities, people seem friendly, good class schedule with plenty of time to study

Rush - In the city (I live in Chicago and am not moving to Maywood even if I attend Loyola), rotations through Cook County, good network in Chicago, but 9-5 classes (even though almost no one goes to every class)

Are any of these perceptions right/wrong? What are other people's impressions and why? Has anyone had to decide between the two, and if so, why did you choose one over the other? -- Better clinical experience? Better residency placement? Better training overall and preparation for life beyond medical school?

Please help! The clock is ticking...

ForceField

Impervious
7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Aug 24, 2002
Status (Visible)
Both the schools are about the same. You need to figure out where you'd be happier. You won't be any more better off by going to one than the other.

About the Ads
This thread is more than 17 years old.

Your message may be considered spam for the following reasons:

1. Your new thread title is very short, and likely is unhelpful.
  2. Your reply is very short and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  3. Your reply is very long and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  4. It is very likely that it does not need any further discussion and thus bumping it serves no purpose.
  5. Your message is mostly quotes or spoilers.
  6. Your reply has occurred very quickly after a previous reply and likely does not add anything to the thread.
  7. This thread is locked.