Rush vs. Mt. Sinai in Chicago

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ericali

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
I have interviews in Rush on Dec 15 and in Mt. Sinai on Jan 20 in Chicago. If I only want to go to Chicago ONCE, which program would you be more inclined to interview at? Please let me know your opinion! Rush told me they probably will have cancellations last minute on Jan 18, but right now I don't want to give up a solid interview spot for a maybe waitlist spot.

Any input is appreciate. Thanks!!!

Members don't see this ad.

rush is an average peds program and that should be your one trip to chicago. mt sinai is a disaster of a program. i don't know why any kids still go there when rush is only a few blocks north and even county which is by rush provides much better pediatric care...

I have interviews in Rush on Dec 15 and in Mt. Sinai on Jan 20 in Chicago. If I only want to go to Chicago ONCE, which program would you be more inclined to interview at? Please let me know your opinion! Rush told me they probably will have cancellations last minute on Jan 18, but right now I don't want to give up a solid interview spot for a maybe waitlist spot.

Any input is appreciate. Thanks!!!

Cancel Mt. Sinai. The only good thing about Mt Sinai is that it has a an awesome program director. Rush is a much much better program overall.