Rush Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey guys, I got my email today. Weird, right? Bottom third.:( Well, at least for you guys, having not heard is probably good. I would imagine you're in top/middle.

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys, I got my email today. Weird, right? Bottom third.:( Well, at least for you guys, having not heard is probably good. I would imagine you're in top/middle.

Same thing here. And the dream is over.

Top third, but that means little without any ideas on how the list will move. Let's hope for the best.

And ReachingTruth, my wife's working near Rush. We've been doing long-distance (across continents) for about 4 years now. So I guess I would choose Rush over SIU, due largely to proximity to Chicago.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey, congrats man... I thought for a second there was another Rush glitch.

Top third, but that means little without any ideas on how the list will move. Let's hope for the best.

And ReachingTruth, my wife's working near Rush. We've been doing long-distance (across continents) for about 4 years now. So I guess I would choose Rush over SIU, due largely to proximity to Chicago.

Congrats on the top third and definitely see why you'd want Rush (among all the other stuff, of course).

Hey, congrats man... I thought for a second there was another Rush glitch.

Monkily_stealth, I was rooting for us and hoped for that glitch too. Feeling real down now though. I'd believe in miracles, if I wasn't such a Cubs fan.

Haha, yeah maybe we'll get into school when the Cubbies win the world series. Oh god, why did I say that. Seriously, though, I'm going to start up the old 2008 AMCAS soon, that should be fun. Round 2, ding ding ding.

Edit: Meantime, I'm working biotech in Cali.

Okay...Freaking out! Have not gotten the email!

Sorry to those that didn't get into the top third. Hopefully some other waitlists or acceptances work out if those are possibilities. Otherwise...good luck with the reapplication. Congrats to those in the top third.

It's possible this year. I'm glad I bought the ticket to Europe already. Get out there and go find me. I'll submit the AMCAS '08 before I leave and see what happens. Cali sounds like a good time, man.

I'm still curious as to how many people are on that waitlist at Rush.

Okay...Freaking out! Have not gotten the email!

Sorry to those that didn't get into the top third. Hopefully some other waitlists or acceptances work out if those are possibilities. Otherwise...good luck with the reapplication. Congrats to those in the top third.

Perhaps that means it's middle or (to be extra hopeful) they're accepting you without waitlist?

When did the emails go out? Are they sending as a generic email so if they sent top and bottom out that means I'm in the middle?

This day just got better! I got the UIC Rejection! Yay!

It's possible this year. I'm glad I bought the ticket to Europe already. Get out there and go find me. I'll submit the AMCAS '08 before I leave and see what happens. Cali sounds like a good time, man.

I'm still curious as to how many people are on that waitlist at Rush.

Yeah, see, without that number, it all means nothing.

Members don't see this ad :)
bottom third as well.:(

Seems like there are a disproportionate number of us SDN people on the bottom third. :confused:

Hey, completely unrelated - does our 2007 AMCAS crap carry over, or do we have to enter everything in again?

Seems like there are a disproportionate number of us SDN people on the bottom third. :confused:

My thought exactly. What is that 4 of 5 on the bottom third? I'm jumping on the re-app train as well. At least next year there won't be any confusion about my state of residence....IL all the way.

I am extremely bummed at all the bad news that was found out today by all of you :( . Knowing some of you at least, I know it would have been a blast next fall (minus the school stress). Let me know how applications go if you do indeed reapply, and keep in touch still! Plus, although it may be bleak, don't lose hope just just yet. Good luck to all!

Just to add to the statistics...middle one third for me...:(

Hey guys -- let's not give up hope! Who knows what kind of waitlist movement there will be. The next month or so could bring good news to us!

Good luck to everyone!!:)

mdapp06

does anyone know how many people are on the waitlist?

Just gave up my seat for Rush...really hope one of you guys get it!!:luck:

Congrats HappySnake! What time did you receive the call? Anyone else hear from Rush?

Whoa! The thread is alive! Congrats snake!!! *jealousy* Seriously, though, I'm happy for you, your application crapfest has ended.:hardy:

KCT: Nada, nor do I expect to hear anything. I already filled out amcas '08, and am looking for one or two new letters of rec. Good luck though, here's hoping they reach the bottom of the list, that would be freakin' crazy.

Congrats HappySnake! What time did you receive the call? Anyone else hear from Rush?

Whoa! The thread is alive! Congrats snake!!! *jealousy* Seriously, though, I'm happy for you, your application crapfest has ended.:hardy:

KCT: Nada, nor do I expect to hear anything. I already filled out amcas '08, and am looking for one or two new letters of rec. Good luck though, here's hoping they reach the bottom of the list, that would be freakin' crazy.

Hey guys.. I got the call today at 5.55pm (they do seem to work late!). Butchered my name, but who cares. I was waitlisted in the top 1/3rd, but I was reading elsewhere on SDN that if you send in enough letters of intent and updates (I sent 3 update letters (about 4 solid new activities per letter)and 3 letters of intent (each with atleast three different reasons why I am dying to go there)) miracles can happen. You just have to get them to pick up your file every week and if you get the slightest idea that they'll be reviewing your file, send in an update/letter. I felt that the post-interview waiting period was the toughest time, because I had to keep finding new activities to be a part of. I guess you just have to out-last, out-persist, and 'out-update' everyone else. Hope this helps everyone waiting.

Again, there's no way to know what exactly made them accept me. All the letter writing may have just helped me keep my mind occupied while they were running their usual acceptance lottery! :thumbup:

Rush called. I'm in! :biglove: :biglove: :biglove:

Congrats HappySnake!! I'm happy for you. I'm going to follow your advice about the sending multiple letters of intent and see if I can't be your classmate next year!

Congrats HappySnake!! I'm happy for you. I'm going to follow your advice about the sending multiple letters of intent and see if I can't be your classmate next year!

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/archive/index.php/t-106811.html - this archived post gave me the motivation to write those letters, although I doubt a 3 page letter four times in a row will have a positive effect at Rush! Anyways, the idea is the same I guess: at this point, every acceptance is precious for the med school; they want to fill up their class fast and move on. They don't want to waste it on someone they feel won't attend their school. You have to pre-emptively make them feel you'll go there no doubt.

Wishing you the very best.

Anyone else hear any news? I volunteered at a Rush event this weekend and met someone from the admissions committee that said last week they were sorting out who would be attending and who withdrew. Hopefully we will hear more soon...

Just got a call from Sue Jacob. I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :hardy: :hardy:

I was in the "Middle Third" tier of the waitlist for anyone who's curious.

:luck: :luck: to all of you still waiting to hear back!

-Jonathan

Congrats J1I! Definitely wishing I had an acceptance as well...but very happy for you! Did you have any additional communications with Rush after being put on the waitlist?

Congrats J1I! Definitely wishing I had an acceptance as well...but very happy for you! Did you have any additional communications with Rush after being put on the waitlist?

No, I only sent them a Letter of Intent to update my file with what I've been up to all year and to tell them how much I want to go to their school and how I thought I'd be a good fit. I sent this letter at the beginning of April before the "deadline" to update your file before they ranked the waitlist. I got my place in the middle third of the waitlist at the beginning of May, and I was pretty upset by it because I thought that was the end of it. I was shocked more than you can imagine when I got a phone call this morning!

Anyways, I hope that helps. Let me know if you need any other info.

Just got a call from Sue Jacob. I'm IN!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek: :D :D :D :D :D :hardy: :hardy:

I was in the "Middle Third" tier of the waitlist for anyone who's curious.

:luck: :luck: to all of you still waiting to hear back!

-Jonathan

Super. See you in the Fall!

Cheers!

Boy, they are already down to middle third in may. That means there is some hope for us bottom-third people. Just wishful thinking!

Just checking to see if anyone else has heard anything lately...I haven't, but am interested to hear if there is any new news. Anyone think they are done pulling from the waitlist?

Boy, they are already down to middle third in may. That means there is some hope for us bottom-third people. Just wishful thinking!

I'm in the middle third and haven't heard anything yet...but I'm hoping to get good news!

Good luck to all!:luck:

mdapp06

Am I the only one that is still constantly checking to see if there's anything going one with the Rush waitlist? :oops:

Anyone that was slotted in the top third not get off the waitlist? I was wondering if they still do some picking and chosing from those on the waitlist or if they are strictly going in order from top to middle to bottom.

I'm definitely working on reapplying, but I sooooo want to get in this year! I'm meeting with someone at Rush to get feedback on my application/ideas for improvement in June. Has anyone gotten feedback on their app this year from the adcom at Rush? If so, how did you get that set up?

Hi All!

I just got accepted to RUSH! I was in shock at first, but now the excitement has kicked in!!! I didn't think that I had any chance of getting into Rush (I was in the middle third of the waitlist).

So keep the hope, all of you middle-third and bottom-third waitlisters!!!!!:luck:

mdapp06:luck:

Hi All!

I just got accepted to RUSH! I was in shock at first, but now the excitement has kicked in!!! I didn't think that I had any chance of getting into Rush (I was in the middle third of the waitlist).

So keep the hope, all of you middle-third and bottom-third waitlisters!!!!!:luck:

Congratulations! Did you do anything special to bump up your app post waitlist ranking?

Congratulations! Did you do anything special to bump up your app post waitlist ranking?

Hi ReachingTruth!

Thanks for the congrats! I didn't do anything other than send an update letter when I was placed on the waitlist.

I don't know if this makes a difference, but I am an in-state applicant.

good luck to everyone!!!:luck:

Hi All!

What a horrible day at the gym, didn't get much done. Then I come back and there is this great news about a Rush acceptance!

Nicely done, MDapp06!

Make sure you send in the check ($100 to 600 S Paulina St) as soon as possible. Cheers and congrats!

Thanks MDApp06 and Congrats again! Go out and celebrate!

It's been a few days since I've asked... :)

Anyone hear anything new?

I'm dreading this reapplication process!