Rush Waitlist

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's been a few days since I've asked... :)

Anyone hear anything new?

I'm dreading this reapplication process!

Nope. I'm on the bottom third though, so I don't think I'll be hearing much anyway. Anyone email or call about how many are on the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad.

seriously... I hope the class isn't full yet...

I heard from a friend that Rush sends you a letter in the mail after calling you on the waitlist. Apparently, you need to respond "yes" or "no", sign the page, and send it back in. My friends has not received the paper yet...

So! I'm hoping this is the case with a lot of people and that they will start making more phone calls at the beginning of next week... assuming people respond with no...

good luck other waitlisters!

seriously... I hope the class isn't full yet...

I heard from a friend that Rush sends you a letter in the mail after calling you on the waitlist. Apparently, you need to respond "yes" or "no", sign the page, and send it back in. My friends has not received the paper yet...

So! I'm hoping this is the case with a lot of people and that they will start making more phone calls at the beginning of next week... assuming people respond with no...

good luck other waitlisters!

So are you thinking they offered acceptances to those on the waitlist and our only hope now is if some of them say "no"? Otherwise they are done with pulling from the waitlist?

Members don't see this ad :)
So are you thinking they offered acceptances to those on the waitlist and our only hope now is if some of them say "no"? Otherwise they are done with pulling from the waitlist?

I'm currently in the incoming class at Rush (and am properly excited), but am on a priority waitlist at another school (about which I am marginally more excited). If I get in, that's another opening at Rush. Who knows who else is on a waitlist? Waitlist movement has been slow at many schools this year. In other words, don't give up hope yet - I hope someone on SDN gets the opportunity to take my spot!

I'm currently in the incoming class at Rush (and am properly excited), but am on a priority waitlist at another school (about which I am marginally more excited). If I get in, that's another opening at Rush. Who knows who else is on a waitlist? Waitlist movement has been slow at many schools this year. In other words, don't give up hope yet - I hope someone on SDN gets the opportunity to take my spot!

If there was a way to call dibs, I would...

With that cubbies icon, you know I'd give you first shot if I could :D

When you do get your acceptance to your preferred school ::fingers crossed::, just PM me and I'll give you my name and AMCAS ID...go ahead and right down, "I prefer to replace my wonderful sense of Chicago pride at your fine institution with this well qualified waitlister."

(I'm pretty sure that would end my application, haha.)

Wow, I'm gone for two weeks and they're on the middle third? :confused: I should be happy, but I think I'm afraid to be. Well, here goes again, bring it on!!! (Good luck waitlisters! :luck::luck::luck:)

PS - if anyone gets accepted from the BOTTOM third I will need a valium prescription.

Has anyone called Rush to see if they expect to make any more offers? I've tried but can't get through to anyone in admissions. This wait is killing me!

Nothing here, but I haven't even tried to call. My feeling is that if I'm going to find out there's no chance, I'd rather it be slow and impersonal (i.e. waiting around until school starts), rather than abrupt and crushing.

I withdrew my acceptance from Rush today. (Made me sad to do it.) I REALLY hope someone here gets a call soon!!

Am I the only dummy that has not submitted my AMCAS app yet? For those of you that did not get in this cycle...do you have any ideas why? I applied late so hopefully I can get my act together and hit the submit button shortly.

Has anyone succeeded in getting feedback from Rush as to why no acceptance? If so, how did you go about getting this feedback?

!!!!

I got a call today from RUSH!!! :)

Stay faithful!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
neptune, first off: congrats!:hardy:

second: you're killing me! what third were you in???

Sorry guys! I forgot to say what third I'm in! I was in the middle third...

I've been backpacking through Europe for a month or so, anything new with Rush? Congrats to Neptune! Fair to say that Rush has pretty much settled in for the incoming class?

I keep wishing that I will get an international call that says you're going to be a doctor in '11 but that's fading. Although, the entire traveling experience makes me really excited to have a year off - work some, soak in the real world, reinforce why I want to be a doctor and travel some more.

Hope the summer has been great though for all of you, acceptances or not!

Stay cool and stay positive,
ReachingTruth

I just got the phone call from Jill, I'm in!! What an exhaustive process this has been, but it's definitely worth it to keep the dream alive! PEACE! :)

Wow, this late, that freaking rocks! Man, I'm freaking out now! Do they leave messages if you don't answer?!?!

Where are all my other bottom-third people? Are you guys not freaking out?!

Edit: Sorry, I'm trying to calm down here. I'm assuming this thread is all but dead...

Whoa, that's awesome futronius! What third were you? Either way, Congrats. Monkily_stealth...is there hope for us?

He was in the bottom third, I checked his other posts. That little glimmer of hope is back to haunt us again... ay caramba.

Edit: Sorry, futronius could also be a "she," I shouldn't assume.

He was in the bottom third, I checked his other posts. That little glimmer of hope is back to haunt us again... ay caramba.

Edit: Sorry, futronius could also be a "she," I shouldn't assume.

Damn hope, it stings the nostrils. If it happens, cool..if not, life goes on.

Well, yep... this post is for those Rush waitlisters for 2008 who are now searching this thread to find some clues to the mysterious underbelly of the Rush admissions office. They got all the way to the bottom third in 2007, so don't give up the hope. Hope to see you guys next (this) year.

i fell in love with rush when i interviewed there in mid jan. after waiting forever...more than 6 wks i got a waitlist from rush. This is the only chicago school that I really wanted to go to, i got into u of i but its the peoria campus. i really want to live in the city next year but no luck so far...do you think there is any chance of getting off the waitlist this year? also any advice for what to do while waiting? for those who got in off the waitlist what did you do and when did you guys hear from them?

I did not get off the waitlist, but they pulled people off of it like mad last year. As late as mid-summer I believe, like july-ish. Note that according to jill, their list movement varies from year to year - she said one year they took no one off it, but that they recently revamped their admissions process so that the list should move each year. Sorry, that's basically all I know.

Anyone actually still waiting for an interview?

Well, I'm technically still waiting, but I think they're done interviewing this year.

is it common for Rush to invite waitlisted applicants to the second look day?

is it common for Rush to invite waitlisted applicants to the second look day?

Why don't you shoot them an email and ask? they are pretty quick now that they are done with interviews. Good luck to u!!

i withdrew my acceptance this week, so one more spot for you all.

good luck everyone, it's a great school and was a tough decision for me.

yay nu2004, good luck! what school are u choosing over Rush? just curious

seems like there is not much WL movement this year...has anyone else heard anything about waitlisted applicants? I dint get a word since second look...still hopin though cause Rush is my first choice!

come on....the waitlist has gotta be moving!!!! Anyone?

also haven't heard anything since 2nd look day ...

I can't believe June's almost over and still nothing! :(

I've been on the waitlist since early december, so at this point, i'm pretty frustrated (almost eight months is an awfully long time to wait, i think)+pissed+. I just emailed rush to find out where i'm ranked on the waitlist, if that factors into how they pull people off the waitlist, and i asked if the waitlist has actually moved at all yet. i know they had problems with admitting way too many people a couple years ago, and hopefully that hasn't happened again. i'll let all of you know if i get a helpful response.