General Admissions & OTCAS Rush

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Some of you are on the waitlist that did not interview? I am waitlisted but I did interview! Crossing my fingers!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think they meant to say everyone that hasn't been offered a spot. I can't imagine them wait listing people who didn't even interview :| I've never heard of that happening

I was waitlisted at Chatham without having interviewed. When I inquired about it further, they stated that if it came to my spot on the waitlist, then I would have to interview before being offered acceptance.

Members don't see this ad :)
Also waitlisted, however I will most likely be declining my spot, as I wasn't too impressed with the program.

Hi they have already filled up their spots if anyone was wondering since they have sent out rejection letters. Good luck everyone!

Hi guys, I recently wrote on this thread above and was recently accepted. With that being said, I have actually made the decision to go somewhere else because I got a small scholarship there and it is closer to where I am from originally. I will be declining my spot soon, so I hope that makes room for other people. Keep positive! I remember at the interview that I was at on November 28th that Molly definitely said they put about 100 people on the waitlist and you can call and she will imply whether you should look at other places or keep on being positive about getting in (which I would assume means you're at the top of the list!) Good luck to you all and you will all be wonderful OT's no matter where you attend!

Reactions: 1 user
I was accepted at UW Madison where I get instate tuition so I will be giving my spot up for someone the waitlist! Good luck to all of you!

Reactions: 1 users
Has anyone been pulled from the waitlist yet?

I don't know why I thought during the interview, Molly I believe her name was, said we could call her and she would sort of hint at if we should go somewhere else or keep waiting. But maybe I heard incorrectly?

Did you end up calling Molly? I'm also on the alternate list and debating on whether or not to call.

Did you end up calling Molly? I'm also on the alternate list and debating on whether or not to call.

I did end up calling her last week! She was super nice about it. She told me that based on where I was on the list and based on last year, people got acceptances but it's different every year. So I decided to stay on the wait list. Hopefully we hear something in the next month or so, or else I'm going to have to figure out living situations for another school before it gets too late. I would recommend calling though! It was helpful, but the waiting game sucks.

Has anyone heard any updates these last two weeks?

I haven't heard anything. I have been debating whether to call Molly or to keep waiting a little bit longer.

Members don't see this ad :)
If you call let me know what she says!:) I have a deposit due at midwestern tomorrow but really want rush

If you call let me know what she says!:) I have a deposit due at midwestern tomorrow but really want rush
I called Molly last week, she told me that they had 30 spots filled at the time of my call and enough acceptances sent out to fill those spots. If those people don't accept, they will dip into the waitlist again, but it didn't sound very promising... I'm so sorry to be the bearer of not so exciting news. I would recommend calling her to double check, though, since your deposit is due tomorrow. Call her tomorrow morning and she can give you a pretty helpful answer.

I just emailed yesterday to turn down my previously accepted spot, so hopefully someone else gets a happy email this week!

So I am waitlisted, but yesterday I got an email from financial aid at rush. They told me to fill out forms and attach my student ID number (which I don't have since I haven't been accepted) did anyone else get this email? I am very confused.

So I am waitlisted, but yesterday I got an email from financial aid at rush. They told me to fill out forms and attach my student ID number (which I don't have since I haven't been accepted) did anyone else get this email? I am very confused.
I did not. I received an email maybe a month or two ago about financial aid, but it did not ask for an ID number. Did you figure out why you received it?

I did not. I received an email maybe a month or two ago about financial aid, but it did not ask for an ID number. Did you figure out why you received it?
No I have not found out. I called Molly today but she did not answer so I left a message.

I got that same email. I had asked and they said this would just be preliminary (to get things done faster) IF I did end up getting accepted. I did fill it all out without an ID number (I wrote in waitlisted), but I doubt I'll be accepted. I think all or almost all of Rush's spots are filled.

I just got accepted! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!

I just got accepted! Good luck to everyone still waiting to hear!
did you get an email? I saw you got into UW-Milwaukee too! do you know where you are going to attend?

did you get an email? I saw you got into UW-Milwaukee too! do you know where you are going to attend?
I received an email this morning. I will be attending Rush!

I got accepted off the waitlist on Friday, 4/7!

Reactions: 1 users
I pulled myself off Rush's waitlist in February and just got notified I was accepted...having a bit of a mid semester crises so it's tempting, but I will be re notifying them I am not attending so those still waiting on Rush, they are still looking!

I was just accepted off the waitlist (5/16).

I just got Accepted today but I will be declining. There is still hope if you are waiting!!