SDN members see fewer ads and full resolution images. Join our non-profit community!

Rush's Secondary

Discussion in 'Pre-Medical - MD' started by UCLA Paratrooper, Aug 29, 2002.

1. UCLA Paratrooper

UCLA Paratrooper Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Apr 13, 2002
    Los Angeles, CA
    Are you guys answering the questions on a separate piece of paper or on the secondary itself?

UCLA Paratrooper

2. SDN Members don't see this ad. About the ads.
  3. dpark74

dpark74 Senior Member 7+ Year Member

Aug 29, 2002
    On the application itself...don't want the possibility of them losing the extra sheets of paper. I typed my responses using size 10 font. Limited my responses to a max of 8 to 9 lines...succinct not verbose. I'll see what happens (it's currently under review)

4. cabruen

cabruen 7+ Year Member

May 23, 2002
    Minneapolis, MN
    For two of the questions I need a little extra space,so I continued my answers on a seperate piece of paper. The instructions indicated that this was acceptable.

5. Tweetie_bird

Tweetie_bird 7+ Year Member

Nov 20, 2001
    can't believe you guys are already startin on Rush. :( I barely have the courage to finish Loyola. I'm still stuck on #2. :( [​IMG]

6. cabruen

cabruen 7+ Year Member

May 23, 2002
    Minneapolis, MN
    Tweetie --

I thought Loyola was more intimidating. It is still in my to do pile (see my web site).

7. Mixmaster

Mixmaster Member 7+ Year Member

Jul 17, 2002
    how do you type the responses on the application itself? Thanks!

8. dpark74

Aug 29, 2002
    You can either use adobe or a more tedious method of actually cutting and pasting; I did the latter. Just taped my responses onto the application and photocopied it. Sounds retarded, but the end result looks professional.

9. dpark74

Aug 29, 2002
    Stick with it and you'll find an interesting topic to elaborate on. You've lived over 20 years...there must be something that you may be overlooking.

If you think Loyola's is somewhat difficult, then enjoy the Rush one. It is the most difficult application I have done since the adcom uses your responses as a selection factor for interviews; all the questions are typical of interview questions. Also, in your response to question 12b on practicing in a medically underserved area, if you put "NO" then you can probably kiss your chances good-bye(check out their missions statement and you'll know why).

Good Luck with everything.

10. guitarguy

guitarguy Member 10+ Year Member

May 24, 2002
    I put "no" for the under-served question. To be honest, I really don't know the answer to this question. I was worried that if I put "yes" and gave a corny explanation, they would see it as bs. Does anyone know whether you can receive an interview from Rush even if you answered "no"??